Footage not sharp
913 5 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello everybody,did my first test with the osmo action while driving and when i checked yhe footage on my pc it was not sharp at all. Does anyone had similar issues with it.or did i do something wrong.it was shot on 4k60fps, and in auto iso and ss. Sample video is attached on this link.can someone please give me some info.

https://files.fm/u/my7wfbe2w

Gr danny
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different video player to play the said footage? It seems that the video that you had sent using the link shows no issue at all. Also, you may try to back up all the files on your PC and reformat the SD card that you are using and check if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Suggest to do a shot  out the window and see if any difference and you know it be the   glass you are behind
2021-7-17
Use props
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

@Fishycomics, i will try that,its a good idea.you know i watch lots of other videos on youtube where others used the OA also with driving and with enough light( in daylight    ) the footage is way sharper than what i have.in my opinion they also placed the camera on the dash or on window behind the glass.and i get a strange answer from on this topic that i should use another video player.ok im not a pro likemost people but i also own a osmo pocket and im recording for a while,oke sensor is abit bigger,but the OP beats the action right away. Im so dissapointed in buying it.besides that it overheats like crazy,agter 10 minutes i get the message,camera is shutting down.dont know what to do besides testing.
2021-7-17
Use props
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 19:20
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different video player to play the said footage? It seems that the video that you had sent using the link shows no issue at all. Also, you may try to back up all the files on your PC and reformat the SD card that you are using and check if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
@Paladin, its not on the player, i own also the osmo pocket and i have it for a while now,and really satisfied with it.i bought the oa because of weather sealing,but all i experiencing is trouble.first with rocksteady,excepted that in less light its has his troubles,you also replied tome on that thread. I see its a focus issue,as you watch the video,you see the trees are really out of focus. On the op its tight sharp.or maybe i have a bad copy,because i watched on youtube and there the footages are sharper than what i have.with the same settings,4k60fps, auto iso. And i think it could not because its the glass on the car.tested on OP and there its fine,i know sensor is a bit bigger but still come on.and its so difficult to get a replacement, because package is already open. I have a fast card,i know that that could be an issue,and i format the card after every recording session.problem is not there.
2021-7-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The Staff, do they actually have a camera, I asked GoPro the same, you really think they have the camera in hand, no they have a computer and troubleshoot book.  IF I were to be helpful and say it is the Player, I at least take the extra step to show, a video frame of the players, the Staff did not.  See below, the player that you loaded to, and the player  I am viewing on, and an editor that may try to correctly adjust for a better shot?  I also like to suggest, and it will not ruin your channel, load to Youtube, and url link it correctly to the site.
Here I demo what the Staff did not do

Also here i again do an additional step, used an editor to see what if:
One may never know when the Player can be the culprit or the camera. hope I helped out
Untitled.png
myvideo.jpg
2021-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules