Does P2 program the joystick? Edit - It appears that it does ...
843 5 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

When I fit a previously used Pocket Two Joystick/Mini Control Stick to my Pocket One, the pan speed (nice and slow) and gimbal lock act as they did when on the Pocket 2.

When I fit a brand new Joystick/Mini Control Stick to my Osmo Pocket the pan speed is fast and the gimbal lock function doesn't work.

It appears that the Pocket Two programs the Joystick/Mini Control Stick and the settings remain in the Joystick/Mini Control Stick.  

Two questions.

Has anyone else found this or have you any comments?

Can the Joystick/Mini Control Stick be programmed in a Pocket One and if it can, how do I do it ?

2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, John Walker.
First, you can change the pan speed through the steps: Swipe up on the touchscreen to enter the System Settings, then choose Fast Follow or Slow Follow. The previous option will accelerate the gimbal's speed, the latter one will slow down the gimbal's speed.
Next, you can swipe up on the touchscreen to enter the gimbal settings, and then tap the handle icon to switch between the gimbal modes: Tilt Locked (only pan axis follows), Follow (the pan and tilt axes follow the handle), and FPV (pan, tilt, and roll axes follow).
For further diagnosis, would you post a video to show us more details concerning to gimbal lock function?
Waiting for your new post!
2021-7-20
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-20 00:08
Hello, John Walker.
First, you can change the pan speed through the steps: Swipe up on the touchscreen to enter the System Settings, then choose Fast Follow or Slow Follow. The previous option will accelerate the gimbal's speed, the latter one will slow down the gimbal's speed.
Next, you can swipe up on the touchscreen to enter the gimbal settings, and then tap the handle icon to switch between the gimbal modes: Tilt Locked (only pan axis follows), Follow (the pan and tilt axes follow the handle), and FPV (pan, tilt, and roll axes follow).

Thank you DJI Wanda

It's not the gimbal settings that I am asking about.  It's how to set the speed of the Joystick/Mini Control Stick when using it with the Osmo Pocket.  It appears to remember settings from when it's used with a Pocket 2.  I can't find an option to change the pan speed on the Osmo Pocket.
2021-7-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

John Walker Posted at 7-20 00:36
Thank you DJI Wanda

It's not the gimbal settings that I am asking about.  It's how to set the speed of the Joystick/Mini Control Stick when using it with the Osmo Pocket.  It appears to remember settings from when it's used with a Pocket 2.  I can't find an option to change the pan speed on the Osmo Pocket.

Hello, John Walker. I am sorry to tell you that there is no way to change the joystick speed of  Osmo Pocket for now. About the gimbal lock function, could you please post a video for us to diagnose?
2021-7-20
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-20 03:23
Hello, John Walker. I am sorry to tell you that there is no way to change the joystick speed of  Osmo Pocket for now. About the gimbal lock function, could you please post a video for us to diagnose?

Hello DJI Wanda,

It's not quite true that there's no way to change the joystick/mini control pad when using it with Pocket One.  If it's put in an Osmo Pocket 2 first and the parameters are set on there, they are remembered when it's put back in a Pocket One. I'm sure there are a lot of Pocket One users who would like to use the Mini Control Stick.  I would have thought it would be a simple update to allow the Pocket One to recognise it and give the option to change the pan speed and the gimbal lock button to work.
No need to send you a video of the gimbal lock button not working - unless the Mini Control Pad has previously been in a Pocket Two it does not lock the gimbal when pressed.
2021-7-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That's a good find though (that you can set up the device in the P2 and then use it in the P1) - thanks for posting it!
2021-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules