SMART CONTROLLER AVAILIBILITY
537 11 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

Is there any idea or time frame when the Smart Controller will be back in stock. Seems like I have been waiting for a long time.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SITKAMICK. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will it be available. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/dji-smart-controller?vid=48911. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on the said page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.
2021-7-19
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-19 23:04
Hello there SITKAMICK. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will it be available. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/dji-smart-controller?vid=48911. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on the said page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.

"If it ever will be available", doesn't sound very promising. In fact, it sounds terrible. Are they planning on doing away with it or possibly coming up with a different unit. I sure hope that they will continue on with it or possibly have an upgraded version. I am so tired of all the cables, phones, tablets ect.
2021-7-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

SITKAMICK Posted at 7-19 23:43
"If it ever will be available", doesn't sound very promising. In fact, it sounds terrible. Are they planning on doing away with it or possibly coming up with a different unit. I sure hope that they will continue on with it or possibly have an upgraded version. I am so tired of all the cables, phones, tablets ect.

I'm hoping DJI releases a Smart Controller 2 soon.  SC is a nice device but is currently hardware limited and could stand to receive many improvements.  
2021-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its definitely time for a smart controller 2 with better and more future proof hardware.
2021-7-20
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 23:06
Its definitely time for a smart controller 2 with better and more future proof hardware.

Just curious, what improvements would you like to see? Do you think that a new controller is really in the future?
2021-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SITKAMICK Posted at 7-21 08:20
Just curious, what improvements would you like to see? Do you think that a new controller is really in the future?

Better hardware for one,  the processor in this device is quite old now and struggles to run the latest software.
2021-7-21
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 23:01
Better hardware for one,  the processor in this device is quite old now and struggles to run the latest software.

What software are you having trouble with?
2021-7-22
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Fly have a lot of problems with SC...still a lot of bugs even after last FW and last DJI Fly 1.4.8....
2021-7-22
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 7-22 08:17
DJI Fly have a lot of problems with SC...still a lot of bugs even after last FW and last DJI Fly 1.4.8....

I only use the Dji go 4 app, so hopefully it will be fine for me. At least I haven't heard of problems with it.
2021-7-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The main reason why the Smart Controller is great is because of the screen.  Any other reason, it doesn't really matter besides the time it takes to use the controller versus setting up the phone or tablet Before using it.
2021-7-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SITKAMICK Posted at 7-22 08:15
What software are you having trouble with?

The latest drones and the fly app tend to have video issues, and Ive seen many reports that the range isnt as good as the standard controller.
2021-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules