Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rcbeastman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333084 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hello,

I have got a osmo action camera but the front screen is not working. I double tab the screen or press the quick switch button once and back screen goes black but the front screen also remains black. What could be the problem? Any suggestion please?
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

On the latest firmware.  Turn on camera with Mode on, then press once the side button the back screen will go to the front screen , if you are doing quick capture then  it will be a long press not a short press. report back    do this without recording, then recording
2021-7-20
Use props
Rcbeastman
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Hello i have tried all but no change. The switching logo appears on the back screen and the back screen goes off but the front screen wont go on. They are both black and when i switch it back the main screen comes on again.
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you then you have an issue with your front screen. suggest to try a factory reset, if does not work, then you may want to give  a firmware   try.  but there are steps on how to do it

you may find my vid on it how to downgrade, worth a shot before returning  the camera if Broken.
2021-7-20
Use props
Rcbeastman
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Hello again. I tried to load the latest fw from the dji support page (even thought the camera had latest already) but camera didnt see the bin file. I will check your video, can you post the link of it?
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... NM/view?usp=sharing Link to all the firmware, also  fw 99.99.99.99 that  adds missing timelapse etc.  and the debug file
2021-7-20
Use props
Rcbeastman
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Hi i downgraded and reuograded the fw and now the front screen works after double tab the screen but when i press the side buton the screen leds comes on but there is no image. I am confused :S
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

my suggestion is to film your issue, post to youtube and post the url link here.

2021-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rcbeastman. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and a can assist you further with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Not sure if you are confusing a few things so that is why we try to ask for the video, to help us help you.
2021-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2021-7-21
Use props
Rcbeastman
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

https://streamable.com/gw1lt5

Here is my issue. When i switch the screen with the side button the front screen doesnt show anything but when i switch with two finger tap it works fine.
2021-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Rcbeastman Posted at 7-21 09:52
https://streamable.com/gw1lt5

Here is my issue. When i switch the screen with the side button the front screen doesnt show anything but when i switch with two finger tap it works fine.

Thank you Rcbeastman. not good.   if refreshing firmware and also doing the fw 99 did not help;

1 return the camera if still under a return policy,
2 if out of a return policy you will need to get with DJI repair that may cost you shipping, and be without a camera

seems to be  fault with the camera, you can see a backlight but nothing else.  appreciate you taking that time to show us
2021-7-21
Use props
Rcbeastman
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

First of all thank you so much for your kind help. At least i can run the screen with double tab now. But i really dont understand why its not working with the side button. What is the difference?
2021-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

was it always  this way, or worked out of the box.   thinking there is a malfunction. wish I knew hte answer.
2021-7-21
Use props
Rcbeastman
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Update... i again downgraded the fw and now both side key and double tab works... thanks for everything
2021-7-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Rcbeastman Posted at 7-21 14:01
Update... i again downgraded the fw and now both side key and double tab works... thanks for everything

Awesome.   I wonder if it was fw99 that you did,  you correctly used the debug  file, very happy for you, Big-time,
2021-7-21
Use props
JamoATX
lvl.1

United States

DJI is garbage. same issue here and they tried to fix it and charged me to do so. mine was faulty hardware and since it was 1 week past warranty (I've used it maybe 10 times) they wouldn't do anything for me. Buying a GoPro. DJI is poor quality.
2023-2-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

totally hear ya, let us know how gopro goes their services   are  refurbished repaired returns.  they do not offer repair services
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JamoATX Posted at 2-19 06:17
DJI is garbage. same issue here and they tried to fix it and charged me to do so. mine was faulty hardware and since it was 1 week past warranty (I've used it maybe 10 times) they wouldn't do anything for me. Buying a GoPro. DJI is poor quality.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For your problem(unable to see the main screen), could you please send us a related video/screen recording so that we can check the details better and help you check it remotely first?
Thanks in advance.
2023-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules