DJI Mini 2 Flight record discrepancy
981 9 2021-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denflies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649209 ft
United States

I recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 and on my most recent flight I have a significant discrepancy between the flight details that show on the device I used with my controller (an iPhone Xs running iOS 14.6 and DJI Fly version 1.4.8)  and the data that apparently synced with the DJI cloud.

My phone shows a 25 minute flight of 3047 feet. That seems correct. When I viewed it on my synced iPad, the flight shows as a 21 second flight that went 6’ and reached an altitude of 6’ as well.

Puzzled, I manually uploaded the DJIFlightRecord…txt file (4.2 MB) to Airdata and it shows as a 21 second flight. I downloaded a csv file and it is only 212 lines long…clearly truncated.

Is there a way I can either correct this or obtain the records that correspond to the actual flight data as recorded on my iPhone?

2021-7-21
Use props
denflies
lvl.2
United States

Well, it turns out the the problem has resolved itself. It seems as though only a partial record had been uploaded following that flight. I've flown several flights today and when I uploaded those, the remainder of the partial record was uploaded with them. The puzzling thing was that the flight record csv that I downloaded from Airdata was so short. That file must reflect what was initially uploaded to DJI OR Airdata used what had been synced through DJI initially and ignored the DJIFlightRecord…txt file that I uploaded.

In trying to consider how this might have happened in the first place, I think I may have quit the DJI Fly app while the upload was in progress. Next time I've finished flying I'll go directly to the flight screen and tap the Upload button to upload the flight prior to shutting down. I'm chalking it up to operator error.
2021-7-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

denflies Posted at 7-22 05:34
Well, it turns out the the problem has resolved itself. It seems as though only a partial record had been uploaded following that flight. I've flown several flights today and when I uploaded those, the remainder of the partial record was uploaded with them. The puzzling thing was that the flight record csv that I downloaded from Airdata was so short. That file must reflect what was initially uploaded to DJI OR Airdata used what had been synced through DJI initially and ignored the DJIFlightRecord…txt file that I uploaded.

In trying to consider how this might have happened in the first place, I think I may have quit the DJI Fly app while the upload was in progress. Next time I've finished flying I'll go directly to the flight screen and tap the Upload button to upload the flight prior to shutting down. I'm chalking it up to operator error.

I'm trying to consider how this might have happened in the first place

It's a common thing when you use Airdata to auto-upload data, to have partial flights uploaded.
Just upload to Airdata manually and that sorts it out.
2021-7-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-22 07:00
In trying to consider how this might have happened in the first place
It's a common thing when you use Airdata to auto-upload data, to have partial flights uploaded.

I did not know that, but then I never use auto-upload anyway. Good information.
2021-7-22
Use props
denflies
lvl.2
United States

In trying to consider how this might have happened in the first place

That makes sense. Thanks, Labroides. I didn't realize that partial uploads were a thing. I appreciate you sharing your experience with a new flier.

The thing that puzzled me was that I did manually upload the DJIFlightRecord….txt file when I saw that the data hadn't appeared in Airdata. When I examined it, the flight in Airdata had the same info as had appeared on my iPad. It seems to have gotten the partially uploaded file from DJI and used that rather than the flight record I had manually uploaded. Perhaps it was a timing issue or perhaps something else was going on, but the lesson I've taken from this is to a bit more patient and careful when syncing to DJI.
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there denflies. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to solve the said issue. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2021-7-23
Use props
Quaxo76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 479386 ft

Italy

Hello, I know this is an old post but I have the same issue. A flight I took yesterday only shows up partially in Airdata, but it shows in full in the DJIFly app.
How do I manually upload the logs? In DJIFly I only see an option to 'automatically upload' or 'do not upload' the logs. No manual option.
If you mean manually starting a sync on the Airdata app, I tried that too and it didn't work. My last flight still shows as 7 minutes on Airdata, and 20 minutes on DJIFly...

2021-12-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Quaxo76 Posted at 12-11 09:29
Hello, I know this is an old post but I have the same issue. A flight I took yesterday only shows up partially in Airdata, but it shows in full in the DJIFly app.
How do I manually upload the logs? In DJIFly I only see an option to 'automatically upload' or 'do not upload' the logs. No manual option.
If you mean manually starting a sync on the Airdata app, I tried that too and it didn't work. My last flight still shows as 7 minutes on Airdata, and 20 minutes on DJIFly...

It can take a while for the data to sync completely. I am on a 1Gig fiber connection and it can take several minutes before it shows.
2021-12-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Quaxo76 Posted at 12-11 09:29
Hello, I know this is an old post but I have the same issue. A flight I took yesterday only shows up partially in Airdata, but it shows in full in the DJIFly app.
How do I manually upload the logs? In DJIFly I only see an option to 'automatically upload' or 'do not upload' the logs. No manual option.
If you mean manually starting a sync on the Airdata app, I tried that too and it didn't work. My last flight still shows as 7 minutes on Airdata, and 20 minutes on DJIFly...

How do I manually upload the logs?
Connect your phone or tablet to your computer.
Go to Airdata.com
Click on My Flights in the top right of screen
On the next screen, hover your cursor above My Logs and it brings up menu options ....
Click on Upload and follow the prompts
2021-12-11
Use props
Quaxo76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 479386 ft

Italy

Labroides Posted at 12-11 13:20
How do I manually upload the logs?
Connect your phone or tablet to your computer.
Go to Airdata.com

Thanks, but I can't do this easily. I use Linux, and when I connect my device (OPPO Reno 2) I don't get read access to the system folders of the phone, only the photos (and the flight logs are in the "Android" system folder now).
I can't even run the file browser as superuser, for security reasons.
So I have to manually use a specific Google app on the phone to manually copy the files from the system folder to another folder in my userspace; then I have to sync that to my PC using something like Dropbox. Only then I can access them on the PC. This is sort of (very) inconvenient.

Just waiting for the issue to fix itself doesn't seem to work... My last flight was like 48 hours ago and it's still truncated.

Cristian

EDIT: Also, in Airdata I can only upload 20 files at a time, so not the whole bunch together; and additionally, it's not immediately obvious which files are truncated and therefore need uploading, and which are not. So I can't periodically just upload them all all over again, and I should check them one by one and only upload the needed ones. Sort of negates the convenience of the whole Airdata service, for me...

2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules