Do-it-all Handle issues
2909 8 2021-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nomo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51998 ft
United Kingdom

Hey everyone, I recently bought a DJI Pocket 2. It's awesome! However, the Do-it-all Handle seems to overheat almost immediately when I begin using it - typically within 1-2 minutes. I am not connecting it to a charging cable or anything that would cause it to overheat. Sometimes it just won't connect at all.
It seems to connect to the wireless microphone fine, and stays connected even after it tells my phone (an iPhone XS Max) that it's overheated. Is there some kind of limitation where it can't connect to the microphone and the DJI Mimo app at the same time, or is there some other issue?

Note that I've googled this issue and I can't change it to 2.4ghz as some people advise as this option isn't available on the iOS app.

I would prefer to just connect it using the lightning adapter but I like to use the extension rod, so that's not possible. Is there a way to connect the phone via cable and use the rod at the same time? (Perhaps USB-C to Lightning?) If so, that might be a temporary fix.

Thanks in advance for the help!
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. The DJI Pocket 2 can record 4k 60fps video with a bit rate of up to 100 MBPS. The measured data volume of the video flies generated in one minute can reach 700MB. It is normal for the product to emit heat when processing such a large amount of data in a short period of time. Please feel free to use your product. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-30
Use props
nomo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 19:57
Hi there. The DJI Pocket 2 can record 4k 60fps video with a bit rate of up to 100 MBPS. The measured data volume of the video flies generated in one minute can reach 700MB. It is normal for the product to emit heat when processing such a large amount of data in a short period of time. Please feel free to use your product. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi Paladin! I totally understand why it gets hot, especially when recording at 4K. The issue is that it won't connect to my phone and complains that it's overheating, even when I'm not recording anything. That doesn't seem right — it basically won't connect to my phone at all.

Is there a workaround to connect it to the phone while using the extension rod?
2021-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nomo Posted at 7-31 07:56
Hi Paladin! I totally understand why it gets hot, especially when recording at 4K. The issue is that it won't connect to my phone and complains that it's overheating, even when I'm not recording anything. That doesn't seem right — it basically won't connect to my phone at all.

Is there a workaround to connect it to the phone while using the extension rod?

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm if you are referring to connect your phone wirelessly via the Do-It-All Handle wifi module and connect the wireless mic and the extension rod all at the same time? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-1
Use props
nomo
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-1 23:47
Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm if you are referring to connect your phone wirelessly via the Do-It-All Handle wifi module and connect the wireless mic and the extension rod all at the same time? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Yes, that's precisely it. Trying to do what you described (connecting the extension rod, phone wirelessly via do-it-all handle, and wireless microphone) won't work. I can consistently get the rod and the wireless microphone to connect but my phone will not.

That said: my phone will sometimes be unable to connect to my phone even without anything other than the do-it-all handle attached. So I can't transfer or even watch videos on my phone wirelessly for more than a minute or two.
2021-8-2
Use props
Afras
New

Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 19:57
Hi there. The DJI Pocket 2 can record 4k 60fps video with a bit rate of up to 100 MBPS. The measured data volume of the video flies generated in one minute can reach 700MB. It is normal for the product to emit heat when processing such a large amount of data in a short period of time. Please feel free to use your product. Thank you for your understanding and support!

i spent around USD 1000 to buy pocket 2 and all related accessories. I connected pocket 2 with the doitall handle put it on the extension rod and lo and behold it started disconnecting within 2 minutes with messages both on the device and the phone saying it gets overheated. I contacted the seller and said i wanted to return everything - but they won't do it (in hungary there is a rule that you can return product within 14 days but for some reason dji's sellers won't accept that).
Anyway, today, i took off the do-it-all handle put on the phone adapter and used the supporting extension (which holds both phone and pocket 2 together). This way i kept using it for long and it kept working. Again, i tried do it all and it started getting disconnected.
So, bit rate or not - why it works otherwise and not with do-it-all? it's not cheap. And, it's just been 1 week i bought it - and i'm extremely unhappy.
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nomo Posted at 8-2 00:23
Yes, that's precisely it. Trying to do what you described (connecting the extension rod, phone wirelessly via do-it-all handle, and wireless microphone) won't work. I can consistently get the rod and the wireless microphone to connect but my phone will not.

That said: my phone will sometimes be unable to connect to my phone even without anything other than the do-it-all handle attached. So I can't transfer or even watch videos on my phone wirelessly for more than a minute or two.

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification. We will get back to you once we have an update. Thank you!
2021-8-6
Use props
Reinhard2-Wien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47474 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-8-6 00:26
Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification. We will get back to you once we have an update. Thank you!

Hallo,
gibt es schon eine Lösung für das Problem mit der Erhitzung des DJI Pocket 2 - Do-It-All Handle?
Ich habe ein ähnliches Problem. Nach ca. 45 Minuten in W-Lan Modus überhitzt dieses Teil und ich habe danach keine Verbindung mehr. Das Konzert dauert aber über 2 Stunden!
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Reinhard2-Wien Posted at 12-13 04:52
Hallo,
gibt es schon eine Lösung für das Problem mit der Erhitzung des DJI Pocket 2 - Do-It-All Handle?
Ich habe ein ähnliches Problem. Nach ca. 45 Minuten in W-Lan Modus überhitzt dieses Teil und ich habe danach keine Verbindung mehr. Das Konzert dauert aber über 2 Stunden!

Thank you for your response. The DJI Pocket 2 can record 4K 60fps video with a bit rate of up to 100 Mbps. The measured data volume of video files generated in one minute can reach 700 MB. It is normal for the product to emit heat when processing such a large amount of data in a short period of time. DJI has paid special attention to this issue when designing the product. The newly added internal "T-shaped" passive heat dissipation will efficiently transfer heat to the metal heat dissipation area of the gimbal's pan axis base to ensure the normal operation of the product. After repeated tests, DJI has determined that the temperature of the handle area will stay within a reasonable range when recording, even if recording for a long time. Please feel free to use your product. In addition, the device has a built-in overheating protection function. When the temperature reaches a certain level, the device will carry out self-protection to prevent the device from damage. Please rest assured.
2022-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules