lvl.2

United States

Industrial Fire .jpg
2015-7-25
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

You should not be flying in that situation!  YOU may be preventing fire fighting aircraft from operating.  DO NOT FLY ANYWHERE NEAR FIREFIGHTING ACTIVITY!
2015-7-25
Use props
Vegas 800
lvl.2

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-26 01:48
You should not be flying in that situation!  YOU may be preventing fire fighting aircraft from opera ...

What are talking about there are no aircraft flying around this is not a forest fire ......Please be for real...

We are responsible and if there were aircraft insight you bring your drone down and out of their simple as that...

There is no harm to any firefighters.  You have a mind use it and if you don't  WELL just stay inside and only fly your drone on a nice peaceful day.

But I think if you can show all that can be shown by flying over or near any news that is going on and you are responsible what harm is it. There's none

2015-7-25
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

Being a Firefighter for 19 years I can tell you in the city your not going to have aircraft extinguishing a fire, only wild land or possibility out on a highway away from a water source. I think it's great video. You may want to be on the lookout for a News Helicopter at which point they should be above 400". So no offense, Fulgerite, but this person has every right to fly so long as there are no restrictions within this area. Actually every fireman I know likes to see good video on the news after it's all over.
Fluorite your not the first to make this type of comment but I really wish people would not make assumptions!
2015-7-25
Use props
Vegas 800
lvl.2

United States

alanbates12@gma Posted at 2015-7-26 02:37
Being a Firefighter for 19 years I can tell you in the city your not going to have aircraft extingui ...

Yes thank you ....
Total the point..... I will fly this any place allowed and permitted and believe me when you are filming things like this you are aware that there may be a helicopter.

So being responsible you got to look out for those things too and a helicopter would not be as low as a drone filming a fire... helicopter would be much higher if they are in a hover or flying to stay out of the deadman zone.
2015-7-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Yeah, this is a pretty good example of responsible flying for the most part.  There's one spot at about 1:47 where your POI flying started to spiral inward and you got a little close, but it looks like you realized that and immediately backed out to your normal distance away.  That's the hardest part of manual POI flying - keeping a consistent distance away from the object, especially in the wind.

But good flying,  Maybe give a copy of the video to the fire-chief to help him analyze how they performed from a bird's eye view - a little positive PR for the industry.  : )
2015-7-25
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

alanbates12@gma Posted at 2015-7-26 02:37
Being a Firefighter for 19 years I can tell you in the city your not going to have aircraft extingui ...

So...  All I can say Is that I have witnessed Fire department helicopters making water drops on warehouse buildings in downtown Los Angeles.

So... I am not sure where the discrepancy is...

I will also point out that NEWS helicopters also operate over fires to cover news.  (Although at higher altitudes...)  But operating a drone near a fire CAN inhibit fire operations and pose a significant hazard to other aircraft (Including Police and Sheriff aircraft.)  

DO NOT OPERATE DJI Phantom Quads near FIRES!

Or risk having the FAA BAN ALL HOBBY DRONE OPERATION IN THE USA.
2015-7-25
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

LOL, Fulgerite, guess your the Fire expert here and now a FAA expert. On what ground can the FAA get involved? Silence is probably the best answer. Just saying...
2015-7-25
Use props
Vegas 800
lvl.2

United States

DJI Phantom 3 / House fire / Fireworks hit the spot /Drone/firetrucks

Other Video that was filmed of a fire
DJI Phantom 3 / House fire / Fireworks hit the spot /Drone/firetrucks      

2015-7-26
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

Vegas 800 Posted at 2015-7-26 16:44
Other Video that was filmed of a fire
DJI Phantom 3 / House fire / Fireworks hit the spot /Drone/fi ...

Great Video
2015-7-26
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

In defense of Fulgerite point of view is that ANY EVIDENCE OF ANY ACTIONS BY  US AS  AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS WILL BE USED AGAINST US IN THE EYES OF LAW.

No matter how you defend yourself if they want to pin you they will.
2015-7-26
Use props
ecohen086
lvl.1

United States

Wonder if anyone has ever thought of swapping the camera out for a thermal imaging camera.  Then you could fly the P3 over the fire and point out hotspots that the firefighters may not be able to see from the ground.  Ive never fought a fire before or know what they use to determine where they need to spray but it seems like a cool idea lol!
2015-7-26
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-7-27 03:59
In defense of Fulgerite point of view is that ANY EVIDENCE OF ANY ACTIONS BY  US AS  AERIAL PHOTOGRA ...

I don't get it!
2015-7-27
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

Were you on the ground or on a roof when flying?
2015-7-27
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

"ANY EVIDENCE OF ANY ACTIONS BY  US AS  AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS WILL BE USED AGAINST US IN THE EYES OF LAW"

wut?
2015-7-28
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

You should not be flying in that situation!  YOU may be preventing fire fighting aircraft from opera ...

um, OK THEN!  
2015-7-28
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

I think it is just a matter of time before every fire department have this kind of equipment them self, if not already present.
2015-7-28
Use props
scott.harper4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

I think it's a great video.  And I think you stayed at a safe, undistracting distance.  I've never seen an airdrop of water in the DFW area.  But if I had my aircraft up and the police or fire dept thought it was distracting or a problem, lawful or not I would quickly pull it down for them.  In any event, it's a pretty cool perspective of the fire for sure.
2015-7-28
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

aek Posted at 2015-7-29 01:09
I think it is just a matter of time before every fire department have this kind of equipment them se ...

Already have it and it's a great tool
2015-7-29
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Funny. You need to relax. He's put nobody in danger. You must be one of 'those' ones who only record the top,of what fields.
2015-7-30
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

alanbates12@gma Posted at 2015-7-30 11:14
Already have it and it's a great tool

Cool, what model is it you are using at your department?
2015-7-30
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

There have been over EIGHT firefighting incidents in the past three months that GROUNDED firefighting aircraft from operations on forrest fires alone!  You people must not watch news.

This type of Video will not only get you ARRESTED but may endanger news helicopters, law enforcement helicopters and firefighting equipment.  
Even if you don't SEE other aircraft near you...  that might be becasue YOU are GROUNDING THEM from operations.  Your mere presence is a hazard to operations.  (And they ARE fully authorized to operate BELOW 400 feet to make fire retardent drops.  And they commonly do so...)

Please... Do not fly over fires or risk the FAA BANNING ALL HOBBY DRONES in the USA!  Permanently!
2015-7-30
Use props
Vegas 800
lvl.2

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-31 08:17
There have been over EIGHT firefighting incidents in the past three months that GROUNDED firefightin ...

You are smoking to much dope my friend ......are you in California and sitting there watching the news and are you a believer?

these little drones would not hurt a helicopter even if got hit by one it's like a bird and what helicopter fly"s at below 400ft at a fire this not a forrest fire or dropping on that fire... I hope to get as many as I can to film....Your a freak for thinking that they would ban the hobby ....This is no hobby it's the NEWS like or not I will show you more.....
2015-7-30
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

aek Posted at 2015-7-30 19:27
Cool, what model is it you are using at your department?

P3P and it's great
2015-8-6
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

i

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-31 08:17
There have been over EIGHT firefighting incidents in the past three months that GROUNDED firefightin ...

Hi to all of you.
I don't want to take the part of no one,but,being the P3 not so much powerful flying machine,i would avoid fly over crowded or habitated areas,no matter during a house in fire ,or what so ever situation.
If the P3 has a engine fail,or as happened to many of the partecipant of this forum a fly away or not respondig machine what could have been happened if fly over a person or to stick to this case if  hit a fire fighter,also if this film has been made at a not particular significative distance?
I would not think at the consequence.
Ciao
2015-8-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

In case no one has realized these things are considered air craft with a 400ft flight restriction.. you need to obey laws and common sense which the guy shooting this video did.  Manned aircraft cannot go below 600 ft which seperates   legally flying copters from the rest of the air traffic..  not to mention im sure if manned air craft were heard coming he would have landed , I sure wouldn't want my p3 200ft below a flying manned helicopter! I'm sure It would blow the p3 out of its way and into the way if you know what I mean... even though he wouldn't legally need to, that is where common since kicks in.. Hence the rule of Los flying,  to see and avoid.  Now if he was buzzing firefighters or above the blaze then I can see him doing something wrong but he wasn't.   Just because we are in the hot seat with copters at the moment don't mean we should cower and hide...  if he was flying anyplace near a forest fire or such again he would be a wrong doing idiot..  

But he obeyed regulation and kept his a$$ out of the way and got some cool footage. .  That's my 2 cents!  Good video boss! Stay smart, stay safe, and stay in the damn air! Lol
2015-8-7
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-8-7 23:52
In case no one has realized these things are considered air craft with a 400ft flight restriction..  ...

What you say is simply NOT true.  Emergency aircraft such as fire, rescue and police ARE allowed to fly below 400 ft and do so on a regular basis.  

Flying quad copters around ANY police,fire or rescue aircraft will likely result in the air operations being suspended.  It may lead to your arrest.  And it will contribute to the FAA being forced to BAN ALL HOBBY DRONE operations in the USA.
2015-8-9
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-8-10 01:19
What you say is simply NOT true.  Emergency aircraft such as fire, rescue and police ARE allowed to ...

You don't know what you are talking about.
2015-8-9
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I only know that private drone owners who film fires or car accidents are pretty much hated by firefighters and police. I saw a video of some firefighters trying to "shot" down a phantom with the fire hose. Those ppl are branded as sightseers or gazers here in germany.  The firefighters however use Phantoms themselfes sometimes to monitor the situation and look for fire sources etc..

2015-8-9
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Now that is crap! It wasn't inhibiting anything by being there..  that is one dumb fireman taking the hose off the fire for that..  also I was talking about normal flying..  if there is an emergency of course manned aircraft will be able to fly at any altitude they need too, but then a drone operator with a brain wouldn't be flying around with those circumstances at hand
2015-8-11
Use props
Vegas 800
lvl.2

United States

Maybe he won't like this ether

2015-8-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Jack57 Posted at 2015-8-10 01:40
You don't know what you are talking about.

Says the guy who loves in CANADA.  
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules