How to downgrade firmware?
4554 3 2021-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wacko_66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216778 ft
United Kingdom

The latest firmware for the RSC 2 is playing merry hell with shooting videos.
After pressing the RSC 2 Record button to stop recording, the camera (EOS R) goes back into photo mode. I understand from another thread that this is a bug, and that it is necessary to downgrade the firmware, in order to resolve this issue - until a fix is released.

With the usual DJI lack of explanation, they completely fail to give the requisite instructions to accomplish this.

• WHERE do I get the previous firmware from?

• And, HOW do I downgrade?

This issue has actually caused serious problems with a shoot this morning, and I'm not happy at all.

2021-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we are sorry to read about the problem you have encountered. If you need to downgrade the firmware, please follow the steps below:
Please connect your mobile with RSC 2 and open the Ronin App within a stable internet condition. Click on the list in the upper left corner to enter the "About" page, click on the firmware version, press and hold the text of the firmware version for 5 seconds in "Firmware version", and then you can choose the version which you wish to downgrade to. By the way, please make sure your RSC 2 has at least 20% of battery when you download the firmware. Thank you.
2021-8-4
Use props
Wacko_66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216778 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you! I've downgraded, and this has resolved this particular issue.

Do you have a timeframe for a proper fix to the latest firmware?
2021-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wacko_66 Posted at 8-5 02:02
Thank you! I've downgraded, and this has resolved this particular issue.

Do you have a timeframe for a proper fix to the latest firmware?

Hi there, sorry that we have not received the estimated timeframe for the firmware. Please keep an eye on the official website or the release note here on Forum for the latest information. Apologize again for the trouble.  
2021-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules