Shakes, wierd tilt and pan jumps like hunting. All perfect balanced.
880 13 2021-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi there! Has anyone got the same issue or know whats up? It needs to be some simple solution for this... please help me Dji

Let's take just the axis lock mode for instance as there should be perfect stabilization no matter of how I am turning the gimbal etc.
   When I double tap the trigger to reset its position for a moment after it (like 2-3 sec) You can definitely see that it keeps the camera super straight and accurate no matter what I will do with it, I can even run and the image will be like should be. Directly after this, the device is starting to make those unwanted hunting moves or whatever they are. I am going to attach in the evening 2 or 3 videos showing this procedure. the first will be when I am just walking straight keeping rsc2 just straight up so U can easily see the problem.

I found out that the problem occurs when I am trying to keep the gimbal steady, and I am not moving the hand in any direction. Then it starts hunting and shaking, When for example I will start to constantly be rising it and putting down while walking then it will stop to make those unwanted movements only in tilt axis but still will hunt in pan axis (I will show it in second video). So, if I start to make circles with it will also prevent to hunting as it will have also some movement from pan axis.

Conclusion is that the device has big problem to maintain a steady image when trying to keep it steady but as soon as it got some more info from sensors while changing it position in relation to tilt or pan axis it knows what to do. As an effect when I want to just go with it forward keeping it law in underslung or straight it will jump hardly as crazy up- down and left right.

I didn't notice the problem with roll axis even in underslung or just straight up so it's not about motors, but some software-sensors related issue as when in straight position the pan motor is for panning and in underslung the roll motor is panning.

I've got the latest software installed and I tried it in a lot of different stiffness/strong/deadband/smoothness etc. settings. Gimbal is absolutely perfectly balanced and on one focal length with the set of weight slightly over 1kg.

I just remind that directly after resetting the position it can stabilize for a moment, so it speaks for itself. If U know any solution to this I will be thankful as I really don't want to resign from it as I really like it in total
2021-8-5
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

how to attach videos?
2021-8-5
Use props
Niber
lvl.1
New Zealand

you might want to make an unlisted Youtube showing the problem, it's a little hard to follow by text
2021-8-5
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

Video 1
https://youtu.be/6R464uZdWaw
Video 2
https://youtu.be/IwJplirjpoQ

Thank You.
2021-8-5
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dji help please
2021-8-6
Use props
Niber
lvl.1
New Zealand

Sorry to say but DJI will not help you, I have 5 threads on this forum and was confused why none was getting answers, turns out DJI never answers.

As for your videos, I was thinking a video showing how it's balanced. and how the gimbal looks when you're joysticking the camera around in different axises. (primarily that the final axis closest to the camera isn't too high or too low)
2021-8-6
Use props
Niber
lvl.1
New Zealand

https://youtu.be/IwJplirjpoQ?t=4
This at 4 seconds in looks similar to a problem I had on my first test video, but in my case it was super stupidity, that one of the 3 tighteners under the camera wasn't fully tightened, so the camera went a little back adn forth on the height axis (I only discovered this when I smoothly used the joystick and found the exact location where the camera slided)
2021-8-6
Use props
Niber
lvl.1
New Zealand

and also you didn't mention if you're using supersmooth and if so if you're using the lens fastener kit, that's why we would need to see your gimbal not just your result
2021-8-6
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks for interesting the topic. In moment I will send the videos showing what U want. Im just trying to downgrading the software one by one to see if anything happens but for now no results. In axis lock mode i see sometimes it also drifting to the left. I made system calibration andnit went good but when I try this horizontal one it shows me faild to calibrate. Everything is really nicely connected and tightened so no option about some loose screw etc. U can see that after reseting by double tap the gimbal is doing perfect job for a moment so something happens that moments later it starts to decalibrate or something so it makes such jumps U know what I mean. Those two seconds of perfect stabilization shows that there is everything perfect with the set itself.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Np0DxwQgcA4?feature=share
2021-8-6
Use props
Niber
lvl.1
New Zealand

yeah looks nicely balanced indeed, and you even have the lens strap (mine didn't come with, and can't be purchased in NZ). I assume you ran the supersmooth auto-tune already.
2021-8-6
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

Haha I won with this s...t
I will write explanation later. Its sony fault not Dji.
2021-8-7
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

I found out that the issue lay around the gimbal - camera IBIS management malfunction. I'm still researching it but it seems like even when I switch the IBIS off it's still on with the last saved settings (like auto or possible focal distance from 18mm-1000mm). as it was always on auto, even off it had some values that caused this problem to occur when I was changing the direction of gimbal so those jumps were actually a sensor wobbling to the sides. As I cant switch it off I set it to min amount hence 8mm and the shakes are minimum and I need to find the way to switch it off totally and then I need to say the gimbal does an amazing job with the stabilizing.
2021-8-9
Use props
Niber
lvl.1
New Zealand

akah300 Posted at 8-9 09:06
I found out that the issue lay around the gimbal - camera IBIS management malfunction. I'm still researching it but it seems like even when I switch the IBIS off it's still on with the last saved settings (like auto or possible focal distance from 18mm-1000mm). as it was always on auto, even off it had some values that caused this problem to occur when I was changing the direction of gimbal so those jumps were actually a sensor wobbling to the sides. As I cant switch it off I set it to min amount hence 8mm and the shakes are minimum and I need to find the way to switch it off totally and then I need to say the gimbal does an amazing job with the stabilizing.

oh, cool. I didn't realize IBIS even moved such great distances, I thought it was more for micro jittering, I guess IBIS has come a long way since my RX100M4
2021-8-10
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

Yeas so long that U cannot even switch it off
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules