DJI Air2s Panorama saving
5649 16 2021-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grury
lvl.1

Finland

Hi all,

I cant figure out what am I missing, but with the new DJI Air2s, it doesnt seem to save panoramas in the same way the Mavic Air2 did.
Now all the panorama DNGs are mixed with all the other stuff, rather than in folders like it did with Mavic Air2, as well as naming it PANO00....
Any idea where can I set this up, if posible at all, on the DJI Air2s.

Cheers.

2021-8-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

My Air2S saves the individual DNG photos on separate folders for each panormana, inside a "PANORAMA" folder, but it also saves the stitched JPG on the general photos folder.

The stitched one is too overprocessed (too much contrast/tonemaping/colorshifting) to be useful, I only use them to have a quick preview of what the unstitched DNG are going to look. Unlike the stiched one that the Mini 2 does, wich is good enough for social media.

For high quality stitching use Hugin, is similar to PTGui but free (a bit slower though).
2021-8-7
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

I've found that it cannot process the panoramas well at all at times. There is ghosting, not lining up correctly, object cut off ect.

https://bidgee.id.au/panorama/
2021-8-7
Use props
CC Photography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1635459 ft
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-7 03:19
My Air2S saves the individual DNG photos on separate folders for each panormana, inside a "PANORAMA" folder, but it also saves the stitched JPG on the general photos folder.

The stitched one is too overprocessed (too much contrast/tonemaping/colorshifting) to be useful, I only use them to have a quick preview of what the unstitched DNG are going to look. Unlike the stiched one that the Mini 2 does, wich is good enough for social media.

What app version are you using? Mine only saves the jpg version
2021-8-8
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

CC Photography Posted at 8-8 04:51
What app version are you using? Mine only saves the jpg version

There is a setting to change what the individual photos of a panorama are saved as (or not saved at all). The "processed" panoramas are only Jpeg and that can't be changed.
2021-8-8
Use props
Grury
lvl.1

Finland

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-7 03:19
My Air2S saves the individual DNG photos on separate folders for each panormana, inside a "PANORAMA" folder, but it also saves the stitched JPG on the general photos folder.

The stitched one is too overprocessed (too much contrast/tonemaping/colorshifting) to be useful, I only use them to have a quick preview of what the unstitched DNG are going to look. Unlike the stiched one that the Mini 2 does, wich is good enough for social media.

Thats what the air 2 used to do, save onto a panorama folder. But with the air 2s everything is in the same folder mixed up.
2021-8-8
Use props
Grury
lvl.1

Finland

jmb63 Posted at 8-8 05:35
There is a setting to change what the individual photos of a panorama are saved as (or not saved at all). The "processed" panoramas are only Jpeg and that can't be changed.

I been trough all the settings on the app but cannot find that feature at all.
2021-8-8
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Grury Posted at 8-8 08:09
I been trough all the settings on the app but cannot find that feature at all.

you have to be in panorama "mode" then click on the options on the lower right (where you would touch to change exposure, etc)
2021-8-8
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Grury Posted at 8-8 08:09
I been trough all the settings on the app but cannot find that feature at all.
Here they are in "auto" and "pro" mode...Again has to be in panorama mode (has to be in flight to select pano mode)
2021-8-8
Use props
Grury
lvl.1

Finland

jmb63 Posted at 8-8 09:42
Here they are in "auto" and "pro" mode...Again has to be in panorama mode (has to be in flight to select pano mode)
[view_image][view_image]

Great, will try that!
2021-8-8
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

jmb63 Posted at 8-8 09:42
[view_image][view_image]

Thanks I was stuck here too
2021-8-8
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Note that you need to wait till the panorama reaches 100%. Around 50% it ends up with the photos, but you need to wait till 100% before moving of photos won't be saved correctly.
2021-8-9
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-9 02:08
Note that you need to wait till the panorama reaches 100%. Around 50% it ends up with the photos, but you need to wait till 100% before moving of photos won't be saved correctly.

I've waited until 100% has cleared but still getting poorly created panoramas.
2021-8-10
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AussieDronePilot Posted at 8-7 19:19
I've found that it cannot process the panoramas well at all at times. There is ghosting, not lining up correctly, object cut off ect.

https://bidgee.id.au/panorama/

Are you using any filters?
Some filters ( mainly Variable ND but a CPL might affect it also) can mess up the stitching. High winds at altitude can cause panorama stitching problems also because of the drone fighting the wind.
2021-8-10
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-9 02:08

This is a life saver. Had multiple panos but nowhere to be found on the sd card. Turns out I touched the controls to soon. Waiting for 100% fixes it. Thx!

2021-8-12
Use props
dfrancey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181939 ft
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 8-8 05:35
There is a setting to change what the individual photos of a panorama are saved as (or not saved at all). The "processed" panoramas are only Jpeg and that can't be changed.

Can you tell me were the settings is, i can't seem to find it.  Tks.
2021-12-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dfrancey Posted at 12-14 04:04
Can you tell me were the settings is, i can't seem to find it.  Tks.

Plz refer to the pictures I posted...You have to tap on that "highlighted" (in yellow in the screen shots) area on the lower right of the screen when in Pano mode
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules