a few issues I ran into
648 4 2021-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Hi all

I just had my first test run with my new pocket 2.
I was shooting in 1080p, 25fps, fiull auto mode, high quality ( as oposed to battery saving mode ).
What I found was this:
1) moving above textures like grass on the floor, the footage had multiple strange artifacts, like microblocking, or blurring ( depending on you you want to name them), which I really cannot find acceptable.

2) the sound has a weak but consistant  mechanical noise in it on one channel

3) I was surprised to see that the up/down movements aoccuring when  walking normally were somehow not compensated very well by the gimbal, whereas the footrage I saw on demos never seemed to have this issue - am I öpossibly using the wrong mode?

Thanks for any help or ideas!

2021-8-10
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

For point 1 & 2 its better you upload footage on youtube & share it here so we can actually see the problem you are seeing.
For point 3 you have to use Ninja walk technique so stabilize the gimbal on 4th axis or buy a 4th axis stablizer to help you with up & down moment.
2021-8-10
Use props
JohnAven
lvl.3
United States

Do the 4th axis stabilizers actually work.  Referring to $50 and less models.
2021-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tohuwa. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issues for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-8-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Many people have found that HQ mode is not the best general purpose mode.  It's been discussed here a few times.  As for up and down movement, well, if you put the P2 on the ground, then raise it above your head, you will see a change in perspective which is bound to happen.  No camera can fix that.  When walking, the same issue arises if the is any up and down movement of the camera, of course to a lesser degree, but if you walk beside a wall for instance, it will show up more.  If you attach the camera to something like an extension rod or even a weight, it can help, as can a proper 4th axis device - there are reviews of these on YouTube.  Audio problem - could be a fault, you'll have to post an example.  Is it really noticable in real world conditions?
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules