DJI Fly vs B4UFLY
3866 9 2021-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
55Kevy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303478 ft
United States

In my area the B4UFLY app shows no restrictions even though there is a general aviation airport approximately 5 miles away.  The DJI Fly app shows both a circular 'Enahanced Warning Zone' apparently centered on the airport and an 'Authorization Zone' that appears to be in line with the approaches to the runway. Since my home lies within the 'Enhanced Warning Zone' the app requires that I acknowledge this and agree to fly responsibly.

How is it that the FAA-approved app does not show the same restrictions as the DJI Fly app?
2021-8-11
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

DJI adds zones just for fun, to look compliant.
Their database is not accurate, go by b4ufly ... it's all they do.

2021-8-11
Use props
Skatin_Tater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 433173 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have also found differences in B4UFly and AirMap. Kind of frustrating at times.
2021-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 55Kevy. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this are 3rd party applications. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. 3rd party application might work, however, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-8-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Why does it matter? You can't fly your aircraft using the B4UFLY app, so it does not matter. the DJI zones are the ones you will have to deal with.
2021-8-11
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-11 20:01
Hello there 55Kevy. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this are 3rd party applications. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. 3rd party application might work, however, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

You should really do your research before you make such uneducated comments.
The B4UFLY app was developed by ALOFT in partnership with the FAA.  It's not an App to CONTROL/FLY a drone.  It's a sanctioned FAA app with the following features:

A clear "status" indicator that informs the operator whether it is safe to fly or not. (For example, it shows flying in the Special Flight Rules Area around Washington, D.C. is prohibited.)
    Informative, interactive maps with filtering options.
    Information about controlled airspace, special use airspace, critical infrastructure, airports, national parks, military training routes and temporary flight restrictions.
    The ability to check whether it is safe to fly in different locations by searching for a location or moving the location pin.
    Links to other FAA drone resources and regulatory information.

Probably NOT a good idea to be calling an FAA Sanctioned app 3rd party in this case.
2021-8-11
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

Just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes.

It would help if DJI updated their Flysafe data. Months ago I was in contact with the team dealing with the Flysafe data and informed them of a runway at an airport that had been closed for 10 years. I provided all the relevant information from various sources showing it was closed, and yet it still shows up with the various warnings way beyond the runway threshold.
2021-8-12
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Such a silly comment! As if DJI is the authority in airspace! Shape up DJI!
2021-8-15
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-15 07:40
Such a silly comment! As if DJI is the authority in airspace! Shape up DJI!

That's just a standard answer. They even didn't check what B4UFly is. That answer is just to protect them legally if you would operate the dji drone with 3rd party software. In case you would crash your drone with 3rd party software, they are not responsible.

The answer they give isn't even about being an authority for the airspace your flying in. It isn't even an answer to the question asked.
2021-8-15
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

Your DJI Fly doesn't  support autonomous missions for DJI mini 2. I wouldn't have bought it if i knew this issie would happen.
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules