Incessant Err 70 on R5 when mounted on RS2 Gimbal
1784 4 2021-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

This is quite outrageous. I already lost 200 bucks on bugs and returns, this is my THIRD rs2 gimbal and I have an incredible amount of errors.
This should go directly to engineering, please expedite the solution.

Here are the story/issues/troubleshooting steps that didn't work.

1. I ordered the first one through amazon. Returned due to some issues. Purchased the second one and returned it - it had issues. Purchased the third one and this one has the same issues as the old ones. I love the product, ergonomics, and what it can do, but it is pretty much unusable with the number of bugs. Read below.

2. The third RS2.... incessant errors that prevent video recording. Incessant. Imagine doing and wedding video and telling newlyweds 3 times in a row - hold on, the recording hasn't started properly. I hope you understand the financial ramifications of doing this in the middle of the wedding.

Often times the moment cable is connected from camera to gimbal port (top one/RSS) - I get this:
- black screen on Canon R5 that says Err 70: To recover from the error screen, turn the power switch <OFF> and <ON>, or remove and reinstall the battery.
- turning the camera on and off often doesn't help and I have to repeat turning it on and off 3-4 times.
Sometimes it appears only when you attempt to use Virtual Joystick.

Troubleshooting steps that were taken.

1. Initially I thought it was a Canon R5 camera issue. I went as far as requesting the camera exchange. I received a new one and the same issue appeared on the new camera.

2. I disconnected RS2 and started recording with the camera on a regular tripod. No issue whatsoever. I could not reproduce the Err 70. I literally started and stopped 100 videos in a row, turned the camera on and off, and recorded again. I even connected a usb-c cable that came with rs2 on the side of the camera to see maybe it was the circuitry issue. For the life of me, I could not reproduce the issue. It only happens when the camera is mounted on RS2 and connected with the cable to it.

3. To address this issue described with R5 freezing issue here https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf the firmware of the rs2 was upgraded to the latest one - 1.04 It didn't help.

4. The app on the phone was removed and reinstalled. It didn't help. (I have Samsung S10, Android 11)

5. Canon R5 has the latest firmware installed.

6. As mentioned, this is the third RS2 gimbal, so it is not a 'bad single one'. The issue is present in all of them.

Let me know if there is a resolution to this issue.
Thank you,

2021-8-14
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

7. It happens even when the gimbal in the app on the phone is shown as disconnected. (the problem simply starts when the control cable is used, regardless of whether the phone app is connected or not))
2021-8-15
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

8. Went for a shoot in the city today, spent 5 hours, shot at least 100 clips. Canon R5 on a tripod. No errors whatsoever. At this point, I can tell that for sure that the error (Err 70) is NOT reproducible on Canon and it is not a Canon issue. It only happens when RS2 is connected to the camera with a control cable.

Please fix it asap.
2021-8-15
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

you can see this https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561
and update the new firmware to fix it
2021-8-19
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-RS PM 铁匠 Posted at 8-19 01:43
you can see this https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=248176&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D561%26typeid%3D561
and update the new firmware to fix it

It has been updated yesterday and it doesn't fix it.

Also, nothing in the list of the issues that were fixed in the description of the firmware relates to the issue described, not sure why you were recommending it as a fix.
2021-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules