PLS help the newbie with errors 40021 and 180016
4788 34 2021-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Hi all, maybe someone could guide me: I have a drone DJI Mavic Air 2. And I am a new at this.

I flew it 3-4 months ago 5 times in the desert in UAE without any problems - just basic movements, up, down, sides, forward and backward. It didn't fall, didn't crush, didn't give me any warnings.
Now I went for a summer vacation to Belarus and took it with me. I really wanted to practice here, as in UAE a lot of areas are not allowed to fly it in. Second week trying to get it to fly.

First was an error: Gimbal IMU data error. Code 40021.
I switch it on, try to switch modes on DJI Fly, and then suddenly front view goes black, I can't see the camera view, and even card is not showing properly, can't format it... I replaced the card, issue didn't go away.
And then today I've got the front view, was happy that it might actually work and then got another Error: Downward vision sensor error. (Code: 180016 and 180017).

P.S. My warranty is still valid, so worst case scenario after my return after 1 month I would go to the shop where I bought it and try to exchange it. But anything can be done here by myself? As I bought drone not in Belarus, so I doubt in my small town I will be able to find DJI Support for assistance.

HELP!
2021-8-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VikVinnikava. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this error messages on the DJI Fly application kindly please calibrate the said DJI drone's IMU and gimbal to see if the issue will still persist. If the issue persist I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you.
2021-8-15
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-15 17:57
Hello there VikVinnikava. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this error messages on the DJI Fly application kindly please calibrate the said DJI drone's IMU and gimbal to see if the issue will still persist. If the issue persist I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you.

Hi DJ Stephen, calibrated it - error still there. I guess I would have to wait until I get back to UAE and exchange it. Poor me, vacation time will be useless to learn how to fly this fantastic drone
2021-8-18
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Hey! You have still things to try!
Make sure you remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone!!
First of all, recalibrate gimbal and compass again!
Which version of DJI Fly are you using? Try to use 1.4.4 or 1.4.2 if you're on 1.4.8 because the 1.4.8 has issues!
Connect to a Wi-Fi network and using the DJI Fly App, in Profile --> Settings check for Firmware and FlySafe updates!
2021-8-26
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

What Yaros above "said"...
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 05:59
Hey! You have still things to try!
Make sure you remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone!!
First of all, recalibrate gimbal and compass again!

I am on version 1.4.8. Where do I find earlier version?
I surely remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone, calibrated again gimbal and compass.

Also went out with a friend who has the same drone (and she tried her phone connect to my drone, and it gave her the same errors (her drone is flying without any issues, and she using Russian language). Anyway, even in Russian - app was giving the same errors, and behaving also the same: black screen... Though we could lift it up and land it, but absolutely no vision).
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 06:49
I am on version 1.4.8. Where do I find earlier version?
I surely remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone, calibrated again gimbal and compass.

Are you using Android or iOS?
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 07:38
Are you using Android or iOS?

I am using an old iphone 6, so IOS. My friend was using Android - not sure what was her phone, probably some reasonably new Huawei or Xiaomi
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 07:44
I am using an old iphone 6, so IOS. My friend was using Android - not sure what was her phone, probably some reasonably new Huawei or Xiaomi

Okay, I don't know how it works on iOS but DJI provides this link for older versions, delete the current version of the app you have, click on the link and install version 1.4.4
After that go into the app, go into the settings and turn off auto app updates inside DJI Fly.
Then connect your drone and set all of the settings up again like you did when you first got it!
Sadly I don't have any iOS device to test it out but if you find out how to download DJI Fly 1.4.4 or 1.4.2 it should work!
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 07:49
Okay, I don't know how it works on iOS but DJI provides this link for older versions, delete the current version of the app you have, click on the link and install version 1.4.4
After that go into the app, go into the settings and turn off auto app updates inside DJI Fly.
Then connect your drone and set all of the settings up again like you did when you first got it!

I have Android too (Samsung S8), could try that. Thank you, will try again.
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 07:53
I have Android too (Samsung S8), could try that. Thank you, will try again.

I checked the link and it seems it's an even older version, but that doesn't matter as long as it works!
For Android use THIS LINK to download version 1.4.4 that I currently use and it seems pretty stable!
Yes, I also had issues using the latest 1.4.8 like crashes and black screens, so it may fix the issues for you too!
The last thing I would try is using airplane / flight mode on the device itself! Try that and tell me how it goes!
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 07:57
I checked the link and it seems it's an even older version, but that doesn't matter as long as it works!
For Android use THIS LINK to download version 1.4.4 that I currently use and it seems pretty stable!
Yes, I also had issues using the latest 1.4.8 like crashes and black screens, so it may fix the issues for you too!

Getting this error when press on the link provided.
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 08:08
Getting this error when press on the link provided.[view_image]

What device are you using?
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:10

You should use a device with iOS in order to access the page
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:10

Using link for Android which you posted (on Samsung S8)
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 08:32

Okay, the iOS link will obviously not work on Android, but the link I posted for Android will!
Did you have any success yet using your S8 and my link?
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Link was wrong, let me reupload
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 08:32

DOWNLOAD HERE (ANDROID)
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:42
Okay, the iOS link will obviously not work on Android, but the link I posted for Android will!
Did you have any success yet using your S8 and my link?

That Error Screenshot I have sent - when using ANDROID link you sent on Android.

I found online by googling version 1.4.2 - downloaded, installed on Samsung S8.

Stupid question: is Firmware update - the same as App update?? I still need to update flysafe database update, right?

P.S. In my location it's an evening, and heavy rain, so I can't really check if it's working. Because last time at home I could turn it on, and for few minutes it was showing that everything was ok, but when I brought it outside - got that Sensor vision error again.
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 08:48
That Error Screenshot I have sent - when using ANDROID link you sent on Android.

I found online by googling version 1.4.2 - downloaded, installed on Samsung S8.

No, App version is not the same as firmware version!
Firmware: Code that runs on your drone on the Flight Controller and controls the drone itself from the RC
App Version: Code that runs on your phone and gives you the ability of seeing the video in real time and accessing some additional functions like auto take off, landing, quickshots, etc...
FlySafe: A database of geofences in order to make sure you don't fly in No-Fly-Zones

I hope that's clear!
Sensor errors are normal when you're inside, especially when the drone is not level or close to stuff
Try it outside in good weather!
IS the Live Video / FPV working?
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

I also re-uploaded the file / link, but if you have 1.4.2 working that's fine, work with that!
Now you need to check for aircraft firmware updates from the app!
Go to Profile --> Settings --> Aircraft firmware updates --> Check for Firmware Updates
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:51
No, App version is not the same as firmware version!
Firmware: Code that runs on your drone on the Flight Controller and controls the drone itself from the RC
App Version: Code that runs on your phone and gives you the ability of seeing the video in real time and accessing some additional functions like auto take off, landing, quickshots, etc...

At home Live View is very rarely working (once every 2-3 days) - until I press any button on the app (switching from photo to video etc., try to access anything on the app) - then it just goes black and even doesn't show card information, showing only --:-- --:--

And then no matter what I do - doesn't switch ON again, always black screen.
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Also go to Profile --> Settings --> About, and uncheck the Check for Updates box!
To stop APP updates!
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 08:55
At home Live View is very rarely working (once every 2-3 days) - until I press any button on the app (switching from photo to video etc., try to access anything on the app) - then it just goes black and even doesn't show card information, showing only --:-- --:--

And then no matter what I do - doesn't switch ON again, always black screen.

Have you tried it with the 1.4.2 version of the app?
2021-8-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-26 08:55
At home Live View is very rarely working (once every 2-3 days) - until I press any button on the app (switching from photo to video etc., try to access anything on the app) - then it just goes black and even doesn't show card information, showing only --:-- --:--

And then no matter what I do - doesn't switch ON again, always black screen.

Does it say RC NOT CONNECTED TO MOBILE DEVICE in the top left??
If so, then it might be the cable between the remote and the phone

If it says RC NOT CONNECTED TO AIRCRAFT and the lights on the remote are blinking then the remote is not connected to your drone
if you can, please screenshot your screen on the live view and post it here!
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:47
DOWNLOAD HERE (ANDROID)

Downloaded and installed! WIll try to use it once the weather permits! Rain in Aug it's not really common here, bummer...
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:56
Also go to Profile --> Settings --> About, and uncheck the Check for Updates box!
To stop APP updates!

Wow, that was wonderful tip! Was looking for it
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:57
Have you tried it with the 1.4.2 version of the app?

I uninstalled that one already and installed 1.4.4. from the link you provided. Will get back to u once the weather is better.
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:59

Not as I remember. It was only showing the Gimbal IMU data error (first week on trial) and then was added Downward Vision Sensor Error. Anyway, I will update you when I try version 1.4.4.
2021-8-26
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-26 08:59

Good morning!
Here is an update.

Connected drone to my Samsung S8 with app 1.4.4. downloaded from your link. Still showing the Downward vision sensor. I calibrated it again. No change.

Attaching the photos.

First it was showing Live view like this:

Then I switched from video to photo (on the screen) and it went black.

2021-8-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-27 04:25
Good morning!
Here is an update.

That's odd! The last thing I would suggest you do before reaching out to DJI Support is connecting the drone directly to your computer using USB port on the drone itself (located in the opposite side of the sd card slot) and using DJI ASSISTANT to check Drone - RC firmware compatibility (the drone and controller should be powered on while doing this and battery level above 50% is recommended) and check if there are any errors.
Also CALIBRATE the Vision Positioning Sensors like shown in and tell me the result!

If nothing of that works, then I would contact DJI Support
Hope the calibration and firmware upgrade of drone / controller using the computer will work!
2021-8-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Also a note to add is make sure you do compass calibration and IMU calibration after the firmware upgrade and VPS calibration!
The compass and IMU calibration should be done outside with GPS signal available!
Tell me how it goes, I really want your drone to work
2021-8-27
Use props
VikVinnikava
lvl.1
Belarus

Yaros1 Posted at 8-27 07:37
Also a note to add is make sure you do compass calibration and IMU calibration after the firmware upgrade and VPS calibration!
The compass and IMU calibration should be done outside with GPS signal available!
Tell me how it goes, I really want your drone to work

Oh, that sounds complicated! What is VPS calibration???
2021-8-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-27 12:01
Oh, that sounds complicated!  What is VPS calibration???

Vision Positioning System. Check the video I sent the link to! You will understand that way I guess
2021-8-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VikVinnikava Posted at 8-27 12:01
Oh, that sounds complicated!  What is VPS calibration???

Did you have any luck with calibrating yet?
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules