Mini 2 payload drop mechanism
3998 2 2021-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidOWade
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone used a payload drop mechanism with their Mini 2? I am looking to drop a small balsa wood plane from an altitude much higher than I can throw it. I see a variety of offerings but I am looking for an experienced opinion. Before anyone questions safety, this would happen early in the morning in the middle of a flood plain with all present focused on the event. Thanks for any experience shared. David
2021-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( payload drop mechanism ) for your DJI Mini 2. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best information and recommendations with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 2. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and can void the warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-8-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought this one to use with my Mini 2.  Works okay but looks fragile so I hope it holds up.  Too bad they don't make one that you can integrate drop actuator into the drone remote controller vice using a separate controller for the drop mechanism.

Good luck with your project.
2021-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules