Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony Xperia 1 III Compability
544 9 8-19 01:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain_Gronsak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57749 ft
Sweden

So I recently switched phone to a Sony Xperia 1 III and when I tried connecting it to the remote for the first time I discovered that it doesn't seem to work at all.
It does only charge for a short while and the seems to lose connection and the cycles through the same thing indefinitely.
I'm guessing this is since it's not officially supported, are there any plans on supporting later Xperia phones?
8-19 01:42
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there Captain_Gronsak. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 III ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 III will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.
8-19 01:50
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 2595246 ft
Czechia

I was using Xperia XZ2 and now I have Xperia 5 mark 2, they both work well. It must be some setting issue I guess.
8-19 12:49
Use props
Irlandaise
lvl.2

Russia

Good day! I also have DJI Air 2S not seeing my Sony Xperia 1 III phone. I ask DJI not to stand still and develop together with modern phones. I ask you to make the DJI Air 2S and Sony Xperia 1 III work as soon as possible.
DJI Air 2S works with Sony Xperia 1 I and Sony Xperia 1 II.
9-20 02:35
Use props
djiuser_VtOl11RKuS4Y
New
Flight distance : 38294 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Mini 2. Initially used with a Sony Xperia 1ii, these xperia fine.
I upgraded to an Xperia 1iii, this does not work with the Mini 2. Updated app but the phone does not recognise the controller.
This is down to the output bandwidth in the 1iii.

A USB type C to A OTG adaptor and an A to C USB cable rectifies the issue. I can now use my 1iii with my Mini 2 albeit with an adaptor and new lead which can't be stored in the controller like standard.
9-27 12:13
Use props
djiuser_ZIvr7mUlXIdu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Canada

Same problem here DJI need to update this asap!!! It's been 3 month now.
10-15 15:24
Use props
djiuser_0P0YAcj2t0K3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20787 ft
Taiwan

I have same problem …air2s & sony 1 iii
10-16 16:31
Use props
R82G
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, i have the same issue. Xperia 1 ii works, the iii doesn't. Its basically the same phone, with some upgrades. Having a DJI drone and not being able to use it with a own new phone is not what I call a good customer experience. When will we have a solution @DJIStephen?
10-17 10:50
Use props
R82G
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-19 01:50
Hello there Captain_Gronsak. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 III ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 III will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.

Hi, what is the reason for Xperia 1iii not being "qualified" for using it with DJI drones?
10-17 10:52
Use props
djiuser_ZIvr7mUlXIdu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Canada

djiuser_VtOl11RKuS4Y Posted at 9-27 12:13
I have a Mini 2. Initially used with a Sony Xperia 1ii, these xperia fine.
I upgraded to an Xperia 1iii, this does not work with the Mini 2. Updated app but the phone does not recognise the controller.
This is down to the output bandwidth in the 1iii.

Can you post a picture of your set up?
8 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules