FPV?
2235 11 2015-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Conquistador
lvl.1

United States

Can you use the goggles on the P3 and what kind is recomended? Has anyone tried sending the live video to multiple devices and how did it work? So far I'm having a ball with this thing. No serious crashes...YET! I'm working hard on cinamatic manuevers and getting footage worth watching, which is a lot harder than it looks!  
2015-7-26
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

Ive got the zeis cinimizers, yes they are kinda expensive, they worked great on the p2, I've ordered the hub with hdmi for my 3 but it hasn't shipped yet. will update my results when i get it and test it
2015-7-26
Use props
El Conquistador
lvl.1

United States

Gabe R Posted at 2015-7-27 05:49
Ive got the zeis cinimizers, yes they are kinda expensive, they worked great on the p2, I've ordered ...

Thanks for the info Gabe. I'm learning more all of the time. Like that in the U.S. FPV is illegal for model aircraft:-(
2015-7-26
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

Gabe R Posted at 2015-7-27 05:49
Ive got the zeis cinimizers, yes they are kinda expensive, they worked great on the p2, I've ordered ...

Awesome, Gabe keep us posted on the results!  I'm very interested.
2015-7-30
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

Order is still on back order, everyone likes the carbon props, hopefully it should be shipping next week.
2015-8-15
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I have used the Zeiss Cinemizer for test flights indoors.  I have connected them via an HDMI adapter fro the iPad and I also tested them using an NVIDIA Shield tablet with an HDMI port.  Both worked OK.  But I don't fly with FPV glasses.  Too unreliable for mt comfort.

More recently I purchased the new  DJI HDMI output module upgrade and that works best for driving external monitors.  See: http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

All will drive most video glasses with an HDMI input.

As for legality...  Not entirely clear.  The FAA regulations for hobby drone flights in the USA state that you must maintain visual contact with your drone at all times.  In other words you have to be able to SEE it and fly it manually without any FPV according to the FAA.  Flying a drone two miles away by FPV alone would be considered a violation of FAA regulations for hobby drone operations.  But if your FPV glasses also let you SEE your drone at the same time it would technically be allowed.  (One eye covered?)
2015-8-15
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

Gabe R Posted at 2015-8-15 15:17
Order is still on back order,  everyone likes the carbon props, hopefully it should be shipping ne ...

So finally got the oder from DJI of the HDMI board. Had to order a micro to micro HDMI cable which arrived today.

After connecting everything and powering everything up the zeis cinimizers are amazing, with no lag at all. I will try doing a test flight next tonight. So far so good, the zeis are well worth the money if you can afford them (you get what you pay for!!!) those paired with my bose noise canceling in ear buds block out everything around you.
2015-8-31
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

If you use iPhone, there is a low cost FPV Goggles app solution https://www.facebook.com/notes/f ... -i1/591886014247542
2015-9-1
Use props
mattlboschert
New

United States

Off subject but....El Conqeustador..? Are you fan of of Bob and Tom?
2015-9-1
Use props
Chemman
lvl.1

United States

So last week I bought the Sony HMZ-T3W head display from a guy on Craigslist.  The display on device is absolutely amazing.  720P out of the controller's HDMI port fully rendered make it a dream to fly.  The HMZ-T3W's head bands are quite fiddly so I supplemented their functionality with a construction helmet suspension.  It  now easily slips on and off and is held in precisely the correct viewing position.  No perceptible delay.  It does require a spotter since popping the display off is a bit disorienting and finding the bird without someone pointing it out is challenging.  The display in the HMZ-T3W's look as good or better than the HDMI capture I nabbed from my controller using  my computer's  Black Magic Intensity Shuttle.  Look no further, I don't think it can be beat.  

2015-9-1
Use props
El Conquistador
lvl.1

United States

Wow! Very nice video. What a great place to be able to fly. Thanks for the info!
2015-9-15
Use props
heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-8-15 15:30
I have used the Zeiss Cinemizer for test flights indoors.  I have connected them via an HDMI adapter ...

So currently the UAS recommendations from the FAA are just that, recommendations, not rules or laws.  Only "laws" is that you must honor all temporary and permanent flight restricted areas (hence why 15 miles of DC is out).  With that said, the more you keep to those "recommendations", the less chance the FAA will change those to rules!
With that said, as I am looking at also getting into racing drones which pretty much must be flown FPV, the safe recommendation from that side would always have a "spotter" with you to keep an eye out.  I was out flying the other day and concentrating on keeping the camera of my P3 on the Goodyear Blimp doing touch and goes about a mile away that I completely missed the pair of hawks that were circling my P3 until someone else mentioned it.  Looked up to see they were getting pretty close to the P3, so I brought it down quickly to avoid a bird attack.
2015-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules