No image in app but have control over the AC
1484 5 2021-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomaash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223468 ft
New Zealand

Hi. So I have searched this forum but I could't find any posts with my issue.

I don't get any image on my phone connected via RC. I can control the drone, take off, land, gimbal control. But no image transmission. Black screen only.

I have tried various 'image transmission settings' in the app with no luck.

The 'Image Transmisson Code Rate' shows anywhere between 5-12Mbps.

I have tried both cables to connect to my phone - the one connected to the charging port and also the one that connects to the USB port.

I have uninstalled the Go 4 App and installed again. SD card and Internal storage formatted. Cache cleared. AC camera re-calibration done succesfully.
AC and RC re-linked.

There should not be any interference as I am in rural area with no major infrastructure around me and I have never had any issues before.

What is strange is that yesterday when I connected the phone and the drone for the first time I was still getting the feed from the camera but only for a split of a second and then it would go b/w and froze. I since re-installed the app and calibrated the drone cameras and now I don't get any feed at all.

I haven't flown the drone for over 6 months as I was away (hence the late firmware upgrade) and now it doesn't work.

Has anyone experienced similiar issue and have found a solution?
Have I missed anything? Could the new phone be the issue. It all worked with my previous Galaxy S8 when I flown the last time but that's before the last fw upgrade.

Thank you

Mavic 2 Zoom

AC firmware: 01.00.0770
RC firmware: 01.00.0770

Samsung Galaxy S21+ (Android 11)
DJI Go 4: 4.3.37

2021-8-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our compatible device for the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and for the DJI Go 4 app. This might be the reason why you experience the said issue. Please refer to the image below for the list of the compatible devices for the said unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2021-8-20
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
New Zealand

Thank you Paladin for your response.

While your suggestion is unexpected and somehow wild (i mean really?) you are right.
I have installed Go 4 on my partners ipad and it works fine. I get the image feed from the camera. I haven't flown it as I don't have the neccessary mounts and I only have the very short cable that I can use to connect to the ipad.

However. Is this it? Is there not going to be an app update that will support new phones? Surely it's just a software issue and not a hardware one.
I mean is S9+ the last supported phone? What about S10, S20 and now S21. The version of my app .37 (yours is .42) is a year old!

This is absolutely shocking information if DJI stops supporting new devices.
Please tell me this is not true. I am sure there're are lot of other flyers with new phones that are stuck.

Or what is the solution? Anyone?
2021-8-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cell phones were never designed to be real time device controllers. That was just a side benefit that sometimes works when the engineers are creative. DJI has bent over backwards to make it happen nevertheless. It would be great if every phone, new or old, would work but that is unrealistic. Buy a device that works. My old Samsung Galaxy S6 and ASUS ZentabZ8s both work fine for both apps and are cheap to buy used. Take advantage of that.
2021-8-20
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 8-20 22:10
Cell phones were never designed to be real time device controllers. That was just a side benefit that sometimes works when the engineers are creative. DJI has bent over backwards to make it happen nevertheless. It would be great if every phone, new or old, would work but that is unrealistic. Buy a device that works. My old Samsung Galaxy S6 and ASUS ZentabZ8s both work fine for both apps and are cheap to buy used. Take advantage of that.

Perhaps cellphones were not designed to be drone controlers however drones were clearly designed to be controlled by smartphones.

I still have my old S8 that needs a new screen however I am hoping the app will get an update so I can make use of the bigger and brighter screen of my S21. I can't justify buying the expensive Smart Controller, that came much later after the release of Mavic 2 series as I am only a recreational pilot.

The point is that you can still buy Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom brand new of the shelf but you can't control it with current smartphones. So to suggest to potentially new owners to buy a 5 years old phone so that they can use the drone is rather strange.
Also Galaxy S9 as the latest supported Samsung phone was already out by the time Mavic 2 was released which means that DJI is way behind with the updates unless this was by design, which would not be fair towards its customers.
2021-8-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

tomaash Posted at 8-20 22:28
Perhaps cellphones were not designed to be drone controlers however drones were clearly designed to be controlled by smartphones.

I still have my old S8 that needs a new screen however I am hoping the app will get an update so I can make use of the bigger and brighter screen of my S21. I can't justify buying the expensive Smart Controller, that came much later after the release of Mavic 2 series as I am only a recreational pilot.

No they were not designed to be controlled by smart phones that are not cleared for use. They told you in advance what phones work. Live with it.
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules