The Appalachian Trail
939 5 2021-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drifters
lvl.1
United States

On August 13th, my wife and I completed an Appalachian Trail Thru-Hike. We spent 187 days walking 2193.1 miles from Georgia to Maine. We carried a DJI drone the entire way and to the best of my knowledge, become the first people to do so. We documented our entire journey on YouTube. In the beginning, I was just a rookie drone operator but as I racked up the flight time...and crash time, my skills improved. We went through 3 drones. Starting with the DJI Mavic Mini, it lasted about a month and a half before I clipped a tree branch and the drone fell into a river never to be found. The second drone was also a Mavic Mini. I flew it for another month before clipping a tree branch sending it plummeting to the ground. It survived the fall but the blades were destroyed. We faced a difficult decision, either blow a wad of cash to get to nearest town to buy replacement propellers or order the newer DJI Mini 2. We sent the Mavic Mini home and ordered the DJI Mini 2 which was a significant improvement over the previous models. The Mini 2 survived the rest of the journey without incident.  Final Odyssey wrap up video link below.

2021-8-21
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

nicely done!
2021-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Amazing video! Thanks for sharing this with us. Take care!
2021-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Impressive document!
2021-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful footage.    What an amazing journey.  
2021-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow,   thats a journey.   
2021-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now