Car charger hardly works
833 5 2021-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1096bimu
lvl.1

Canada

At first I tried a cheap third party charger from Aliexpress, it started smelling like burning plastic in a couple minutes, so I bought the official one and I don't know which one is worse.
The cheap one while it is on the edge of catching fire, at least it actually charges the battery, where as the $100 official charger can only charge like 10 seconds at a time before it randomly cuts out. This behaviour is the same on both my relatively new vehicles, one gasoline one hybrid.

I read the older thread from the mavic 2 section and I'd agree it has something to do with voltage fluctuations but I mean c'mon any modern car has stuff like regenerative braking, engine start/stop the FPV being such a new model shouldn't they design it to have some tolerence for input voltage? It wouldn't be so bad if the charger takes like 20 seconds to start charging after it's plugged in or voltage rises back up, but that delay combined with the cutting out makes the avrage charging speed ridiculously slow as to be almost completely impractical. I might as wel lget out my cheap no brand charger and attach some heat sinks to it!
2021-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

When traveling I use a Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 110V for charging my various DJI product batteries.  I also use it to charge my laptop battery.  This is the one I use.
2021-8-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-23 04:20
When traveling I use a Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 110V for charging my various DJI product batteries.  I also use it to charge my laptop battery.  This is the one I use.

A very good idea........!
2021-8-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 8-23 08:11
A very good idea........!

Thanks Franky.  Hope you have a great day.
2021-8-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-24 03:59
Thanks Franky.  Hope you have a great day.

It is a very, very good idea because you can use this sine converter for all of your devices (Mavic Mini, Air2, DJI FPV drone and so on ...) and you never have to buy special car adapters that only are suitable for one type of drone at a time !!!
2021-8-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 8-24 23:16
It is a very, very good idea because you can use this sine converter for all of your devices (Mavic Mini, Air2, DJI FPV drone and so on ...) and you never have to buy special car adapters that only are suitable for one type of drone at a time !!!

Exactly.  
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules