DJI FPV Remote Controller Range - Fail Safe Recovery Time
991 2 2021-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Man0s
lvl.2

Greece

Hi all,
Recently I have install a gps to my drone and I made a range test with output power at 700mw .

At about 1800 m distance , I had a fail safe event almost at the same time that the image got to bad .

I use stock antennas on air unit and on goggles .

I had LOS all the time .
I have a few questions.

1. Is this distance normal for a fail safe to happen ?
2. The rc signal came back after a long time . I was afraid that I will not take back control and loose the drone in the sea. It happened at about 300-400 m distance from home . Is this normal ?

Here is the video .
https://youtu.be/dAJOhiy8SGc
If you'll turn on the subtitles , it will give you a better view of the situation

Thanks in advance

2021-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Man0s. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. May we also know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

2021-8-23
Use props
Man0s
lvl.2

Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 19:40
Hello there Man0s. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. May we also know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply DJI Stephen,

I don't have the controller or the drone in the picture.
I have an iFlight Titan DC5 with DJI air unit , FPV goggles V2 and the DJI Digital FPV Remote Controller.
I'm not using a mobile device when flying .
I'll try it in a different place but I don't know when I will have the opportunity to fly in a safe area to test it's limits .
Do you know in case fail safe happen again , if I turn off and on the controller , will I regain control faster ?

Thanks in advance
2021-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules