992 4 2021-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc970c377
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635469 ft
South Africa

Good day all.
I am looking to operate the M300 from the inside of a van. Picture this, a panel van that has two monitors, inverter chargers and internet connection. The idea is to control the drone from inside the van with the doors closed whilst doing search and rescue operations.
Now we would want to fly a good amount of distance from the van however this would be drastically reduced due to the fact we are enclosed in a metal van. What solutions are there to be able to have the controllers antenna mounted on the vans roof?

Any ideas are solutions?
Personally I think there should’ve been an external antenna accessory with a long cable and possible booster the could be purchased for these type of operations.

TIA
2021-8-24
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Mount the R/C controller on the roof under some sort of plastic rain/sun cover with a USB cable run below to a tablet for control and HDMI cables for video? You probably need to be able to jump out and get the R/C unit in an emergency to hit "Return To Home" if something happens to the control tablet down below.
2021-8-25
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

I'm controlling the M300 from our mission van. This brings several advantages. We then output to a 55" screen via HDMI.
The antennas are connected via N- connectors ( thick cables)
To a modified controller mounted on a rack table.  
2021-9-9
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Sweden

Our antennas are mounted on the roof withe magnets or quick lock for the directional antennas.
2021-9-9
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Sweden

You can boost the signal. I prefer N connectors. SMA is too fragile for the thick cables and these you need if you want to minimize dampening your signal.-eapecially Rx
2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules