Horse on the loose!
667 11 2021-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orion625
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161549 ft
United States

I was at my boys' elementary school on Sunday taking some photos and shots of them running on the track with my mini 2.  Had been in the air for about 20 mins and had around 30% battery remaning, so I was getting ready to bring her in for a landing.  We were the only ones there, and I saw a car coming into the parking lot. I though it was perfect timing to go ahead and land.  I then noticed a horse running through the parking lot around 100 meters away from where I was operating.  Perfect timing! I went ahead and flew back out to get an opportunistic video of the horse running through the parking lot, out onto the road, and crossing a highway.  I only wish I had a bit more battery life remaining to follow the horse a bit further, but i was getting the 20% warning beeps near the end of my video.  The story about the horse running loose made the news, and they used my video on the newscast that night.

2021-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Orion625. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting aerial video you have filmed. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-8-24
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

What a neat video Orion625, thank you for sharing! Some really nice manual "active tracking" of the runaway horse and fantastic pilot skills you showed there too! It's a really great example of just how brilliant this little DJI Mini 2 is in so far as how portable it is. I often carry mine in my jacket pocket just in case I come across an interesting scene and I can quickly launch the little guy into the air at a moments notice
2021-8-24
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice news video
2021-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely captured.    
2021-8-24
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

the horse is mine!
Just kidding
may its owner find it
2021-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope the horse is doing well!
Hard to track something moving (as I experienced myself).
Nice video!
2021-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing capture.    Congrats on the footage being used on the evening news.
2021-8-25
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Very good video .. you have to send it to a TV station, which is good for a TV evening show.
2021-8-25
Use props
Orion625
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161549 ft
United States

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 8-24 21:05
What a neat video Orion625, thank you for sharing! Some really nice manual "active tracking" of the runaway horse and fantastic pilot skills you showed there too! It's a really great example of just how brilliant this little DJI Mini 2 is in so far as how portable it is. I often carry mine in my jacket pocket just in case I come across an interesting scene and I can quickly launch the little guy into the air at a moments notice

Thanks.  I was checking out the comments on facebook that the news station created on the story.  I just KNEW someone was going to make the comment "why isn't the person trying to help or call the police instead of flying a drone and taking a video?", and several did make a similar comment.  1-I was already in the air with low battery, 2-The area I was flying in had multiple power lines; one set at 30 ft and one set at 80 ft so I was trying to be very mindful and aware about those while still trying to track, and 3-I could see that several vehicles were already following the horse to try to help.  Ignorant comments on facebook from people who know nothing about a situation/subject annoy me.
2021-8-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice video
2021-8-26
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 8-24 21:05

"I often carry mine in my jacket pocket just in case I come across an interesting scene and I can quickly launch the little guy"

Where do you carry the controller?
2021-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules