Switching from FPV Drone to Air Unit
2723 7 2021-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ABfOIjurHuE7
lvl.2

South Africa

After I switched to the Air Unit and reverted to the DJI drone my status says that the controller and goggles are not connected - cannot fly the drone. I had to rebind the aircraft, controller and goggles. Is this the only way to use both the drone and Air Unit? I tried manually switching the goggles off and this did not help. Please help? I have the latest firmware.

2021-8-25
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep. Everytime you switch between Air Unit and back to FPV Drone, you have to re-bind. Pain in the ass but the only way to do it.
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_ABfOIjurHuE7
lvl.2

South Africa

CoreyB10 Posted at 8-25 23:39
Yep. Everytime you switch between Air Unit and back to FPV Drone, you have to re-bind. Pain in the ass but the only way to do it.

Thank you CoreyB10. I was going insane trying to switch between devices until I did rebind. I hope that future FW updates will make this a lot easier.
2021-8-25
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ABfOIjurHuE7 Posted at 8-25 23:53
Thank you CoreyB10. I was going insane trying to switch between devices until I did rebind. I hope that future FW updates will make this a lot easier.

The thing is is that it's 2 different protocols. I don't think that DJI will release a FW that allows for seamless switching between the 2. I managed to bag a 2nd set of V2's at a good price for my traditional fpv kwads but not everyone is in a position to do this. I fly almost every day so I get the benefit from doing this.
2021-8-26
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 8-26 00:05
The thing is is that it's 2 different protocols. I don't think that DJI will release a FW that allows for seamless switching between the 2. I managed to bag a 2nd set of V2's at a good price for my traditional fpv kwads but not everyone is in a position to do this. I fly almost every day so I get the benefit from doing this.

It's not just a different version thing. I have 2 air units and the FPV drone and I have to do it for all 3 when using the one set of version 2 goggles..
2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is required to rebind or relink your controller and Goggles if you switch between your DJI FPV drone and your DJI Air Unit. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you!
2021-8-26
Use props
djiuser_ABfOIjurHuE7
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-26 18:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is required to rebind or relink your controller and Goggles if you switch between your DJI FPV drone and your DJI Air Unit. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you!

Thanks for confirming that. This info should be in the firmware release notes - will help a lot of DJI FPV drone and Air Unit users.
2021-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_ABfOIjurHuE7 Posted at 8-27 06:38
Thanks for confirming that. This info should be in the firmware release notes - will help a lot of DJI FPV drone and Air Unit users.

I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules