iPhone XS overheating during flight with DJI Fly app
1348 7 2021-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_G9S9989n1J8B
lvl.1

United States

I experienced a serious overheating problem with my iPhone XS while flying my MA2. This was not a problem until I downloaded the DJI Fly app. During flight, my screen dims drastically then video becomes extremely choppy. The phone becomes very hot with no case. Any help?

Thank you in advance,
Shawn
shelbydriver@comcast.net
2021-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you did turn off the option to charge your mobile device under General settings > Control? Also, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device to see if there would be some changes. Please make sure that you are using an updated firmware version for both aircraft and remote controller to avoid issues. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-28
Use props
djiuser_G9S9989n1J8B
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-28 20:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you did turn off the option to charge your mobile device under General settings > Control? Also, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device to see if there would be some changes. Please make sure that you are using an updated firmware version for both aircraft and remote controller to avoid issues. Thank you for your support!

I turned off the charging in the DJI Fly app. Deleted and reloaded the app. There are others that are having the same issue on a google search.
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_G9S9989n1J8B Posted at 8-29 17:50
I turned off the charging in the DJI Fly app. Deleted and reloaded the app. There are others that are having the same issue on a google search.

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue persists? This overheating issue was already fixed as long as you turned off the charging option on the DJI Fly app. Thank you!
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_G9S9989n1J8B
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 23:23
Thank you for your response. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue persists? This overheating issue was already fixed as long as you turned off the charging option on the DJI Fly app. Thank you!

I don't mean to be difficult, but I don't think my device is the issue as others have different devices and are experiencing the same overheating issues. I did not start experiencing this issue until I made the upgrade to the latest version of DJI Fly. The new version of the app allows charging, but the function is off by default and you have to physically turn it on in the app to use it. Can the new app be using more resources, memory, or processor time?

2021-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_G9S9989n1J8B Posted at 9-1 08:09
I don't mean to be difficult, but I don't think my device is the issue as others have different devices and are experiencing the same overheating issues. I did not start experiencing this issue until I made the upgrade to the latest version of DJI Fly. The new version of the app allows charging, but the function is off by default and you have to physically turn it on in the app to use it. Can the new app be using more resources, memory, or processor time?

I totally understand your side. However, changing mobile devices will help us to further isolate the issue. In addition. Can you please confirm what version of DJI Fly are you in?
2021-9-3
Use props
fans954bafa8
New
Austria

Sorry! But this is an DJI Fly app issue, being poorly coded since a few updates (its happening in 4.8 even with active charging being turned off)! It even happens with newer phones (iphone 11 with latest iOS)! We do not have time and money to buy other phones! Get your app sorted!
2021-9-21
Use props
Mapiman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366640 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Air 2, DJI Fly software version 1.6.4(642), firmware 01.01.0720 updated at 6/4/2022.     I have the same image freezing problem for 1 year ago and it has not been solved.  What I have noticed is that the main reason is that the DJI Fly software, even working alone, on the phone (no other application open), causes the phone to heat up exaggeratedly and that causes the image to start freezing.  The drone responds well to the controls but on the phone screen there is a delay in the image sometimes more than 5 seconds.  In summertime the problem gets worse for obvious reasons.  I have tried with iPhone 7, iPhone X and iPhone 12 and the problem is the same.  Any idea what to do other than buying another phone, that doesn't work?
2022-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules