626 2 2021-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stepir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42589 ft
Iceland

Hi

I’ve already reached out support for a RMA of my first battery - but wanted to hear feedbacks from the community regarding the second.

I’m currently in Iceland for my vacation and just few days ago I found one of my FPV batteries burnt - I’ve used it the day before and left it in my drone with something like 20% left. The day after, when I was about to replace the battery and fly my drone I found the battery in the conditions posted.

Today I was cruising down a waterfall (very close to myself with 20% left again - clearly with another battery but from the fly more kit) , when something strange happened: the visor shown a warning (something like low power battery) and the drone started sliding laterally until it hit the side columns of the waterfall. When I noticed the slide I immediately turn the drone and accelerated to try avoid the collision - with no luck (there was not wind).

The rest is in the video - I was already prepared in losing the drone but surprisingly it flipped after the hit (seems like a 360) but somehow regained stability… but kept loosing power until I was ready losing it in the below water… but then it gained power again and I was able to fly it back to me.

To be honest I don’t have much faith left in the second battery (given what happened) - I tested later the original battery of the drone which worked well. My drone was only slightly damaged from the incident.

Thoughts?

2.jpg
2021-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Stepir I am sorry to see and to know what happened to your previous flight of your DJI FPV and thank you for reaching out. It is good to know what you have already contacted our DJI support team for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter and rest assured that we will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-8-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, that battery is toast.  Glad you didn't lose the drone when it bumped up against the cliff.  
2021-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules