Wireless module connection
620 5 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb56ab69
lvl.1

South Africa

I'm trying to mount my OP on the roof rack of my car and connect using the wireless module to my iPhone 6 inside. This has worked previously but now it keeps disconnecting. I've checked all the connections and they're all secure. When it does connect it does so using wi-fi not Bluetooth. I thought the wi-fi and Bluetooth might be interfering with each other but if I turn Bluetooth off on my phone, the OP tells me to turn it on. If I turn the wi-fi on my phone off it won't connect using Bluetooth. I've given up now and I'm using a USB-C to Lightning cable instead which works fine but it's just not as convenient as using the wi-fi module.

Anybody got any suggestions?
2021-9-2
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

How does it function when not on the roof rack?

Is it OK inside the car?

Is it OK on the kitchen table?
2021-9-2
Use props
fanscb56ab69
lvl.1

South Africa

Curt1591 Posted at 9-2 19:20
How does it function when not on the roof rack?

Is it OK inside the car?

It's just not stable - I've kind of lost confidence in the wireless module and have gone back to the USB-C to Lightning cable. Clunky but at least it's consistent…
Why would the performance of the wireless module deteriorate?
2021-9-2
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

fanscb56ab69 Posted at 9-2 22:34
It's just not stable - I've kind of lost confidence in the wireless module and have gone back to the USB-C to Lightning cable. Clunky but at least it's consistent…
Why would the performance of the wireless module deteriorate?

Possible the USB-C connection is loose, dirty, or otherwise compromised.

Might try to "clean" the connector on the module. Since the Pocket works with the cord, the female on the camera seems OK.
2021-9-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As far as I know, the Osmo Pocket (and Pocket 2) uses bluetooth for recognizing the camera and wifi for most of the data transfer, so both are needed on the phone.
2021-9-3
Use props
Hills
lvl.2
Canada

You need WIFI and Bluetooth both enabled. Besides that, you also need to turn off WIFI and Bluetooth in any other nearby devices.

Here are more tips from DJI staff: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 251&pid=2111384
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules