Licences
891 13 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ANT B
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

just go the Air2, I was not advised by either the selling shop or DJI of the need to get a licence from the CAA. I would think if people were to abide by the law (any country) then the selling shop should provide advice on requirements.

Regards
2021-9-2
Use props
Frosby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3533474 ft
Czechia

Hello, how would you go to buy a car too, I don't tell you and I don't ask if you have a driver's license for a car, don't you?  ignorance does not excuse, such is simply the time, do not be angry
2021-9-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You only need a license if you plan to be legal ;-)
2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GaryDoug Posted at 9-2 18:50
You only need a license if you plan to be legal ;-)

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out .Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Also, it is recommended to have a license for you to fly legally your unit on your location. You may contact your local authorities on this one for you to have the process. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its really easy to register and take the test - http://register-drones.caa.co.uk
2021-9-2
Use props
ANT B
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Frosby Posted at 9-2 10:35
Hello, how would you go to buy a car too, I don't tell you and I don't ask if you have a driver's license for a car, don't you?  ignorance does not excuse, such is simply the time, do not be angry

My point is that the seller should advise. Especially if it’s a retail shop. Oh and re the car, obviously you need both licence and insurance to pick up the car. I am quite savvy and appreciate the need for regulation. If we want to avoid breaking the law the better advice needs to be made available on purchase.
2021-9-3
Use props
ANT B
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-2 23:41
Its really easy to register and take the test - http://register-drones.caa.co.uk

Thanks for the advice.
2021-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ANT B Posted at 9-3 00:39
Thanks for the advice.

no worries,  welcome to the club.   Some people post their photos/videos over in the works section of the forum.
2021-9-3
Use props
ANT B
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 9-2 18:50
You only need a license if you plan to be legal ;-)

LOL of course...
2021-9-3
Use props
ANT B
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-3 02:08
no worries,  welcome to the club.   Some people post their photos/videos over in the works section of the forum.

Thanks, just mastering the flying before being distracted with other areas. LOL Plan to use it in Switzerland next year.
2021-9-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happens a lot and not just with drones.  Sellers are motivated to make a profit and are not always 100% up front on products.  One of the first Latin phrases I learned in law school was Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).  As consumers the onus is mostly on us to do our due diligence before buying.  Is it fair, no but it is never going to change.  If DJI printed a license may be required disclaimer on the box it would probably be in the small print that is rarely ever read anyway.

As DAFlys indicates in Post 5 go ahead and register and take the test.  Best of luck and I'm sure you will enjoy your MA2 as it is a great drone.  
2021-9-3
Use props
ANT B
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-3 05:22
This happens a lot and not just with drones.  Sellers are motivated to make a profit and are not always 100% up front on products.  One of the first Latin phrases I learned in law school was Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).  As consumers the onus is mostly on us to do our due diligence before buying.  Is it fair, no but it is never going to change.  If DJI printed a license may be required disclaimer on the box it would probably be in the small print that is rarely ever read anyway.

As DAFlys indicates in Post 5 go ahead and register and take the test.  Best of luck and I'm sure you will enjoy your MA2 as it is a great drone.

Thankyou and nice to know good people are part of the club. I'll post as soon as I master the flight. Oh and I got 30 out of 40 on the test £9 for the operators licence.
2021-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ANT B Posted at 9-3 05:16
Thanks, just mastering the flying before being distracted with other areas. LOL Plan to use it in Switzerland next year.

Yeah. Just take your time and build up the confidence.  It will also give you some confidence in the drone,   I always build up the flights with a new drone just in case something happens.
2021-9-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ANT B Posted at 9-3 06:04
Thankyou and nice to know good people are part of the club. I'll post as soon as I master the flight. Oh and I got 30 out of 40 on the test £9 for the operators licence.

Congrats on the test score.    Fly safely.
2021-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules