DJI Goggles activation (Big Sur & Mojave)
1408 5 2021-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pan51
New

Germany

Hi, it's still an absolute mess trying to activate Goggles V2 on OS X!
Big Sur: M1 chip, no chance! (the working ones I've read are from migrated macbooks carrying over the HoRNDIS extension)

As this was not working, I tried the Mojave of my girlfriend. Installed HoRNDIS 9.2 and the mac stopped booting. Got back to
9.1, worked, booted.
Installed the Assistant 2 for FPV. Told me, it is not running on 10.14, need 10.15 at least.
Tried also the Assistant 2 for Mavic, Enterprise (based on other hints found) and the Assistant 2 (with no specific application).
Either they didn't recognize the goggles or they told me "device not supported".

Took me four hours in total. I'm really really upset that it is not possible to have a simple, short process like with virtually ALL other
hardware that needs to be activated. Remember, this is a €660 item!

Besides the fact that DJI is still not an Apple verifed developer and I still have to accept their applications. What kind of impression
does that make?

It can't be my resposibility to get around and ask a friend for a Windows laptop in order to activate my goggles...

Axel
2021-9-4
Use props
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829820 ft
Ukraine

I have the same issue with a new set of V2 Goggles on my mac. About to throw them into the wall...
2021-9-4
Use props
pan51
New

Germany

I made it, finally (lots of hours spent)!

What did I do?

a. get a VMWare Fusion 12.1 player (trial sufficient)
b. get a Win10 Home ISO image
c. create a Win10 VM, use NAT for VM to Mac network connection
d. install latest DJI Assistant 2 for FPV on VM and start

Now the interesting part: I tried several USB-C to USB-C cables to connect the goggles, however I never saw the "LOST.DIR" of the goggles appear on the Win10 as a drive (I do saw it while trying on the mac using exactly one of those cables).
At the end, almost persuaded myself to go to my ugly neighbors and their Win laptop, I tried the following: connected the Goggles to my Apple Cinema display (USB-C to USB-A),
the display itself is connected to my Mac by thunderbolt using a TB to USB-C. In the end it worked, Windows mounted LOST.DIR, installed some drivers, after that goggles were visible in DA2,
could be activated and new firmware installed.
I do not attribute that to the cinema display specifically but to it's function as an USB hub in this case. My assumption is, that it might work with (m)any USB hubs.

Axel
2021-9-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

pan51 Posted at 9-5 04:59

What did I do?

A lot of work!

But sometimes Apple is preferred by DJI ...
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_9a77gn16YtLB
lvl.1

Indonesia

VMWare basically installung multiple OS on your system, thats I think not a work around because there's so many restrictions, not tomention latency and memory share that can cause your machine running even slower than usual.

I think DJI should create a github page for software release tracker, I believe DJI users around the world is massive!, so using github as your version release software and update, will help us A LOT!. Please consider.
2022-4-10
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pan51 Posted at 2021-9-5 04:59

What did I do?

The Assistant 2 software has issues on a Mac with USB 3 and above.
You have to use a USB 2 Hub or an Apple Cinema display and use USB 2
Having Horndis installed and enabled is not required to do updates and Registrations.

This has been the case for a few years. It catches people out as they upgrade their Macs and get USB 3 and above ports.
2022-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules