Can't activate a new FPV. S/N Errors on drone, goggles and remote.
441 5 2021-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829820 ft
Ukraine

Can't activate a new FPV. S/N Errors on drone, goggles and remote. Similar errors on aircraft, goggles and remote.

IMG_6844.jpg
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please try the steps below first and tell us the feedback?
1. Please update your APP to the latest version. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/dji-fpv
2. Please change to another internet or retry activation on other mobile phones
3. Please check your drone name to see whether there are some special symbols. We recommend you name the aircraft by alphabet only. Please don't worry the name can not be changed thereafter, you can edit its name in the app.
Wait for your update.
2021-9-5
Use props
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 02:41
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please try the steps below first and tell us the feedback?
1. Please update your APP to the latest version. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/dji-fpv
2. Please change to another internet or retry activation on other mobile phones

I am long on 1.4.8 iOS Fly app, so that is current.

That error only happened once for aircraft, remote and goggles.

Now the errors are gone, but the FPV combo does not seem to bind to my account, and aside from asking for new firmware the goggles tell me that I need to bind the drone to phone number. I live in Ukraine and there is no such regulation to begin with, but even if I wanted, there seems to be no way for me to do that in a first place...

There is one more complication to this. This is a second FPV combo in our family and my wife is flying one since the winter. It is all tuned up and she is bent on our drones and remotes being interchangeable, and her FPV combo is all on 1.02.0000 firmware (aircraft, remote, goggles and the one-handed flight controller)... She went on and updated this second new FPV aircraft to 1.02.0000 through DJI Assistant 2 for FPV (Windows) to try to make it to work, since DJI Fly app failed us... The new Aircraft updated through DJI Assistant fine, but googles and remote do not show up in DJI assistant... agrrrr.... Now I have a drone on 1.02.0000, but it is nagging for phone (we don’t have that in Ukraine), and goggles, remote updates in DJI fly app... the only way I can, probably, update this new FPV combo is by taking it all to 1.02.0020 (the only option DJI Fly App gives me... and that may affect interchangeability with my wife’s FPV combo (we share flight controller, for instance)... agggrrrr....

EDIT: if I could use our other FPV drone we have to update the new goggles and remote on this new system...  but we tried that and it does not seem to work either... ;(
2021-9-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC Posted at 9-5 03:28
I am long on 1.4.8 iOS Fly app, so that is current.

That error only happened once for aircraft, remote and goggles.

Has it worked in the meantime?
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Ukraine

frankymusik Posted at 9-9 06:41
Has it worked in the meantime?

All issues went away with updating the combo trough regular DJI Fly App on iPad to the latest firmware.
2021-9-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC Posted at 9-9 07:04
All issues went away with updating the combo trough regular DJI Fly App on iPad to the latest firmware.

Very good! Thanks for the feedback...
2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules