Video recorded from Mavic inMini is choppy
593 6 2021-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeMB84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17411 ft
United States

So, I did some flying yesterday with my mavic mini and naturally I wanted to record the flight. However, upon reviewing it on my computer (after transferring it to a local drive) I noticed that the video is choppy induration from anywhere from 3 to 4 seconds and it occurs anywhere from 8 to 10 seconds. No, when I purchased my mavic mini I'll admit, I didn't do my due diligence and research what kind of cards are best for the mini. So most likely it's consumer error. The car that I'm using is a 128 GB SanDisk extreme which has a right speed of up to 90 megabits per second. Is that enough for the mavic mini or is that card not fast enough to support 1080p at 60 frames per second? Thanks in advance.
2021-9-5
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13960430 ft
Sweden

Do you mean 90MB (Mega Bytes) per second? If so, that is 720Mb (mega bits) per second. 8 bits to the Byte.
2021-9-5
Use props
JoeMB84
lvl.1
United States

kyalami Posted at 9-5 08:41
Do you mean 90MB (Mega Bytes) per second? If so, that is 720Mb (mega bits) per second. 8 bits to the Byte.

Yes, I meant to correct that but I forgot to do so before I posted it. Thanks for the clarification.
2021-9-5
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13960430 ft
Sweden

JoeMB84 Posted at 9-5 08:47
Yes, I meant to correct that but I forgot to do so before I posted it. Thanks for the clarification.

So that should be plenty of recording speed. If you have the chance to try another card or re format the card in the drone and try again. You may find out where the problem is.
2021-9-5
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

You haven't edited the video and converted it at different frame rates? Is it the original video that is choppy? The card is good enough, it could also be the player with which you are viewing the video. Try playing it on a different player on the PC or on the TV.
2021-9-5
Use props
JoeMB84
lvl.1
United States

First, I wanted to thank everyone for replying and trying to give me suggestions I definitely appreciate it. In the meantime I did try different cards and different media players on my PC and found varying performance between them. I found that VLC seems to handle this file format the best and playback is nice and smooth. Also, this is the original files they were not altered in any way. Thanks again for everyone's help.
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the said issue with the help of our fellow co-pilots here in Forum. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you!
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules