975 16 2021-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

i WAS up in the air between a GoPro Hero 8 or a DJI Osmo action camera. I ended up going with DJI Action since i ALREADY have onwed a lot of there equapment before, like the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, OSmo Poctket, etc. DJI manufactures awesome gear for Aerial or ground Photogrpahy... I am manily only going to be using this to film my boating sessions or and my ARRMA RC Bashing sessions.  This video was filmed with a GOPRO hero 8 and in my opinion the footage is not that good of quailty....I mean my iPhone10 can take better videos than the GOPRO8.. Please watch both videos and let me know your thoughts guys?

Filmed w/ a GOPRO Hero 8

Filmed with a iPHONE10 X

2021-9-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very cool!
2021-9-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I also have the same ArrmaTalion.  LOve it.  I am sure you made the right choices for sure.   I need to get a new 3S battery as  arrow/powerhobby ones gave.
You'll love the camera, lets note  if you are going to dunk the camera,  make sure the lens protector is rock solid on. that was  an old complaint and also the fingerprint in the front screen.   go enjoy your camera
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FLPilotShark. Thank you for choosing DJI and congratulations on you new DJI Osmo Action. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2021-9-6
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have been filming with my iPhone10 which has been working pretty decent but I want true 4K.. Just how my Mavic Pro shoots in.. I wanted to be able to use the head strap and be able to film my own bashing runs and boat sessions instead of having my friend hold the cell phone so I have decided instead of a GoPro the Dji Osmo Action camera...
2021-9-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get the Osmo Action for the win.  Have a great week.
2021-9-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

On your head, you want a camera to know it works 100% and that ain't gonna be a gopro.
2021-9-7
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED.. Anyone know how long it takes to charge?

2021-9-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I say an hours time to two tops.
2021-9-10
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! I got my action camera up and running in less than 5 minutes.. I like this Action camera than I do my buddys GOPRO Hero 8...I like how you can switch between photo and video so fast with only 1 click of a button..  Any tips or tricks for shooting moving things in 4K HDR?

2021-9-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

For HDR you need a gimbal attachment.  I've just ordered an Inkee Falcon for mine.
2021-9-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

HDR on OA doesn't do a great job + you can't record in 4K @ 60 fps + you will not have Rocksteady.

I use ND-filters in daylight for best footage, and if I wan't even more steady shot than Rocksteady gives I use Hohem iSteady 2 Pro gimbal aswell.
2021-9-12
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is my first video that I made w/ my OSMO of my Miss Geico Twin Zelos RC boat ripping it up!

2021-9-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

time to make a barge,  put it out there and speed by:  Awesome vid
2021-9-12
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-12 00:10
HDR on OA doesn't do a great job + you can't record in 4K @ 60 fps + you will not have Rocksteady.

I use ND-filters in daylight for best footage, and if I wan't even more steady shot than Rocksteady gives I use Hohem iSteady 2 Pro gimbal aswell.

I am thinking about grabbing the DJI OSMO ACTION CAMERA FILTERS - BUDGET KIT - 6PACK.
Or should i GET THE Polarized lens, what are your thoughts?
For my Mavic Pro i use all PolarPro Cinematic polarized filters and they work awesome.

2021-9-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

FLPilotShark Posted at 9-13 03:23
I am thinking about grabbing the DJI OSMO ACTION CAMERA FILTERS - BUDGET KIT - 6PACK.
Or should i GET THE Polarized lens, what are your thoughts?
For my Mavic Pro i use all PolarPro Cinematic polarized filters and they work awesome.

PolarPro is a good brand.
Since I live in Europe I use ND-filters from another brand that DJI recommend/sell here in Norway, so I'm not sure what you should choose.
But if you maybe make a new thread about them, other people can help you. Or search the forum for a thread about ND/CPL-filters.
2021-9-13
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-6 18:05
Hello there FLPilotShark. Thank you for choosing DJI and congratulations on you new DJI Osmo Action. Have a safe and a happy filming always.

Hey stephen.  Are you ever going to add an option on the action to disable wifi and bluetooth.  We have been asking for almost 3 years now.
2021-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules