Choppy videos from Mavic Air 2
2271 7 2021-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

Hi All

Some months ago I replaced my Mavic Air with a Mavic Air 2. Now my drone footage are getting choppy after processing them through Pinnacle Studio 25.
The original file is running smooth and nice. Pinnacle support tested with my original file and they get the same issue after export. The answer from them is that the issue is with the source file - period.

The drone footage I'm using are recorded in 4K 30fps, so I'm keeping the export from Pinnacle Studio at the same rate to avoid issues.

Here are two examples of my choppy videos on Youtube. It's like one annoying chopp every second. The footage from the gopro in the same videos is also recorded in 4K 30fps, but is not choppy:
https://youtu.be/280dofz6x3E?t=104
https://youtu.be/RBKhv6C4zv4?t=275

Footage from my old DJI Mavic Air does not have the same issue, so I compared the properties of some source clips from that drone with source clips from my new Mavic Air 2. There is a slight difference in bit rate and data rate on the source files. Those are the only differences I can find. I don't have any clue if that can cause any issues.

DJI Mavic Air:
Frame: 3840/2160
Frame rate: 29.97 fps
Data rate: 103251 kbps
Bitrate: 103251 kbps

DJI Mavic Air 2:
Frame: 3840/2160
Frame rate: 29.97 fps
Data rate: 103731 kbps
Bitrate: 103731 kbps

Has anyone experienced something similar with Mavic Air 2?

I have never experienced any problems with vidoes from my old Mavic Air (acquired in 2018).

//BjørnA

2021-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tries a new SD card,  might be the one you have is getting old.
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BjornA. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try using a different suggested microSD card for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of suggested microSD card for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

2021-9-7
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 23:57
Have you tries a new SD card,  might be the one you have is getting old.

Hi,
I'm using a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro V30. So should be good enough, I hope.
Thanks for your reply
2021-9-7
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-7 00:11
Hello there BjornA. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try using a different suggested microSD card for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of suggested microSD card for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi, I'm using a brand new SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2 128 GB. I can see it's in the list of recommandated cards.

Thanks for your reply
2021-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BjornA Posted at 9-7 00:13
Hi,
I'm using a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro V30. So should be good enough, I hope.
Thanks for your reply

Did you get it somewhere reputable,  there are a lot of people selling fakes or cards that failed quality control with the Sandisk brand.
2021-9-7
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

DAFlys Posted at 9-7 00:54
Did you get it somewhere reputable,  there are a lot of people selling fakes or cards that failed quality control with the Sandisk brand.

I've got it from one of the best reputated electronics stores in Scandinavia.   

I have a similar SD card in my Hero Black Gopro, so I will try to use that card in the drone just to check if it makes any difference.

2021-9-7
Use props
BjornA
lvl.1

Norway

Message to all DJI Mavic Air 2 pilots using Pinnacle Studio 24 or 25:
According to Corel Support the choppy  video issue discribed in this thread is caused by a regression error in Pinnacle Studio. A hotfix for this will be available as soon as they have solved the issue. Hopefully very soon.

If are using PS24 and can't wait, you can uninstall PS24 and install PS24 version 24.0.2 in the meantime. Contact Corel Support to get download links.
2021-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules