Emergency shutdown of engines during flight
1394 8 2021-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Does emergency stopping of engines during flight give a chance to restart the engines before hitting the ground? Will the drone naturally maintain a horizontal level during a fall (autorotation) so that the engines can be restarted?
2021-9-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CSC is only working when a real error occurs, so not working in a normal flight.
Drone will fall like a brick....for maintaining horizontal attitude during going down it needs spinning and controllable 4 rotors....
2021-9-11
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

You are not likely going to get it safely to the ground if you perform an emergency Motor stop.  Even if you can get the motors restarted it won't react like a helicopter and glide to the ground via autorotation, so even if you get them started, you likely won't be able to recover and land safe.

2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

JJB* Posted at 9-11 00:22
CSC is only working when a real error occurs, so not working in a normal flight.
Drone will fall like a brick....for maintaining horizontal attitude during going down it needs spinning and controllable 4 rotors....
The emergency stop can be set so that it can be started in any situation. I checked it 1m high in tall grass. It will first fly backwards in a turn and fall hard after 2-3 seconds.
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Will the thrust of air not drive the propellers when descending? A childish pinwheel spins while running outdoors. The centrifugal force of spinning propellers like a gyroscope will not keep the drone in a stable descent, as it happens in autorotation? Maybe if both propellers were one ...
2021-9-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-11 00:27
The emergency stop can be set so that it can be started in any situation. I checked it 1m high in tall grass. It will first fly backwards in a turn and fall hard after 2-3 seconds.

ah  oke, thanks for the correction.

i will check this out too  ;-)   but cannot think of a situation where is should stop the rotors in flight...

cheers
JJB
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

When descending only -3m / s, situations can be difficult. Sometimes I really need an emergency stop when I see a helicopter approaching fast.
2021-9-11
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-11 01:15
When descending only -3m / s, situations can be difficult. Sometimes I really need an emergency stop when I see a helicopter approaching fast.

WoW… now that would be the last thing I would experiment with….

For those helicopters…. Isn’t descending max speed fast enough?
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

If you have permission, you can fly up to 500m, and then it will take you over 1.5 minutes to descend to 200m. It is eternity. Let's not go any further into these discussions.
2021-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules