4384 6 2021-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fliegerben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1918087 ft
Germany

Hello,

I heard you can fly the Mavic Mini without connecting the controller to a phone and the DJI Fly app.

But what about the automatic flight log? Is the flight data stored in the drone? And how can I access it?
And which settings (e.g. max altitude, RTH, camera) are used? The last ones - or generic/default?

Thanks for your help!
2021-9-13
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Yes, you can fly it without a phone connected.  I don't know about safety settings.  I would assume the last ones used - but that is just a guess.
As far as flight logs, the logs on the drone itself are encrypted and can not be accessed by us end users.  The camera video on the uSD card is fully usable.
2021-9-13
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks for the info, K6CCC.

I noticed that some settings changed between the flights, so I wonder if they are stored in the drone/controller - or in the app?

I don‘t want to encrypt the flight logs, but have the data logged in the DJI Fly app so I can review my flights afterwards (e.g. flight path, flight times, messages). Are the flight logs transferred once connected again to the phone?
2021-9-13
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Nope.  If you don't have the phone connected during the flight, you do not get any readable logs.  Same thing BTW if you are flying the phone connected and lose signal.  Even if you get connectivity back, there will be a gap in the data.
2021-9-13
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Germany

Great, thanks! This is good to know. In this case I have to maintain my own logbook…
2021-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can fly the DJI Mavic Mini without a mobile device however, we do not recommend doing so as you will be no camera view and it is much more dangerous or prone to an incident also, the DJI Fly app can provide you the status of the flight error message, etc. In addition, you may refer to the explanation of our fellow pilot K6CCC about the flight data inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-9-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first few Mini flights were without a mobile device. On the last two, I only went straight up maybe 100 feet, took some video or photos and came right back down.
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules