Fully disconnected twice mid-flight
649 10 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
South Korea

You know what's scary? Losing the connection to the drone while out of VLOS and over the water on 100% RC signal. That happened to me yesterday, I'm so curios to know the cause. I'm already sure was not the RC/Phone cable so it's either the signal having a sudden interference or another software problem with the App/RC/Drone (I don't think the drone reboted in mid-flight because luckly the correct home point was manteined).Here's my flight logs if someone want to take a look: https://mega.nz/file/7ExG1DTY#k3 ... zB6crb0B8hX712Pka9I

Thank you!
2021-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OK, a couple of things to begin with. The aircraft cannot re-boot mid-flight, if it did the motors would stop and it would fall like a brick. Next, their are four radio communication channels working between the RC unit and the aircraft, it is therefore not unusual for one or more of them to be out of range during a flight. If the main control link is lost, the aircraft will wait a brief time then initiate Return To Home.
2021-9-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NRK5KLSQI3EVJADH4019
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/44BK0XJ5ZG49ZN3WKCSO
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/B2Z77V7S6DSW6KRJRAGB

I have uploaded the files just to make it easier, I would say that it was likely as not, an app crash seen as the flight log is in parts
Is that why there is no flight path?

If its android try installing this version of the app, its a newer build that is or was in beta, its build 1185, whereas the official release is only build 1120 at present
2021-9-14
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
South Korea

Bashy Posted at 9-14 18:32
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NRK5KLSQI3EVJADH4019
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/44BK0XJ5ZG49ZN3WKCSO
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/B2Z77V7S6DSW6KRJRAGB

Thank you for your answer, I don't think was a crash because I clearly remember the camera feed was black but the HUD was still there, at that moment a red notification said "device not connected" and then the app automatically went back to the main screen, then suddenly the aircraft was connected again and the "fly" blue button appeared, so I clicked on it and was looking fine but then it happened again few seconds after. At first I tought was the cable not connected well to the phone but after testing that situation the result was different so I don't believe was the cable.
2021-9-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TwentyThrill Posted at 9-14 19:23
Thank you for your answer, I don't think was a crash because I clearly remember the camera feed was black but the HUD was still there, at that moment a red notification said "device not connected" and then the app automatically went back to the main screen, then suddenly the aircraft was connected again and the "fly" blue button appeared, so I clicked on it and was looking fine but then it happened again few seconds after. At first I tought was the cable not connected well to the phone but after testing that situation the result was different so I don't believe was the cable.

Its what i am calling an app crash cause something in the app made it disconnect video from the ac, it could be a conflict in the app or perhaps your device isn't fast enough for the video cache, either way, many have had success using that build..
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TwentyThrill. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-9-14
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

TwentyThrill Posted at 9-14 19:23
Thank you for your answer, I don't think was a crash because I clearly remember the camera feed was black but the HUD was still there, at that moment a red notification said "device not connected" and then the app automatically went back to the main screen, then suddenly the aircraft was connected again and the "fly" blue button appeared, so I clicked on it and was looking fine but then it happened again few seconds after. At first I tought was the cable not connected well to the phone but after testing that situation the result was different so I don't believe was the cable.

You actually had no controll anymore for a moment?

Ow... that is super spooky
2021-9-14
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 22:07
Hello there TwentyThrill. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Sure, my device is a Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 11 (One UI 3.1)
2021-9-14
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
South Korea

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-14 22:56
You actually had no controll anymore for a moment?

Ow... that is super spooky

Well yes for a solid 20 seconds I'll say, the drone was out of sight so even if it was just a video breakup the only way to bring it back would have been RTH.
2021-9-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight data. ( did combine 3 logs into 1 )

Twice a short downlink loss, first 5.5 secs and the second for 7 seconds.
All data in the logs, no messages about aircraft lost connection ect.
So imo not a full disconnect.

In this situation you have control over the drone, but as you cannot see this on the screen it looks like you lost control.
Pressing RTH on the RC does work (as you did) so this is always a way to get your drone fly back to homepoint.At the RTH activation data was again in the log, so guess your screen did not show that.

If your screen went frozen for longer period than the 5.5 and 7 seconds than another problem.
Apart from the 2 short moments all data logged on your mobile device.

Sometimes, don `t know why, logs are broken into more than 1 log.
Ofcourse when restarting the flyapp a new flight is started, but don`t think you closed down and did  fresh flyapp start in 5.5 and 7 seconds.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2021-9-14
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
South Korea

JJB* Posted at 9-14 23:45
Hi,

Had a look at your flight data. ( did combine 3 logs into 1 )
[Image]

Thank you for your analysis jjb, very accurate as always. Glad you confirmed was a problem of the app/smarphone and not of the RC link, I'll update it to the latest beta and hope for improvement
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules