Smart Controller and Air2S
880 7 2021-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9Njt1ZgL5M5s
lvl.1
United States

I have paired my Smart Controller with my brand new Air2 S but I cannot see the RTH and the drone on the map.  Everything else works.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
All firmware on oontroller and on the drone and Fly app.
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us a video recording or a sample showing the issue for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-9-16
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Reinstall the Fly app if possible, and maybe recalibrate the compass and IMEU (or whatever its called) on the drone using the Fly app.
2021-9-18
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

While we are on the subject of the SC with the A2S, has engineering ever figured out why some users have no problems while others have lots of lag and limited range issues?  I understand about interference, etc. effecting connectivity but I can fly a certain line with my standard RC snd get about 50% more range from it than I can flying the same line, immediately after, with the SC.  The controller-to-drone signal bars just turn red way faster on the SC and the bars drop much faster.

This is a $749 controller.  I like it because of the screen so I don't have to use a phone.  That's the only real reason I prefer it.  It's heavy as heck, much heavier than the standard RC with my phone attached.  But that's a price I was willing to pay to not need a phone.  What I was *not* willing to pay that amount for was a controller that has 50% less range, and *video lag*.

DJI, *please* fix the firmware on the SC or come out with a new one with an affordable trade-up path that is truly compatible with the A2S.  A new SC model would surely be much lighter too.  Or at least use the extra weight with some type of range extenders.  Right now there are after market range extenders available, but we should not have to purchase anything else after paying $749 for the SC.
2021-9-18
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

dr6583 Posted at 9-18 21:01
While we are on the subject of the SC with the A2S, has engineering ever figured out why some users have no problems while others have lots of lag and limited range issues?  I understand about interference, etc. effecting connectivity but I can fly a certain line with my standard RC snd get about 50% more range from it than I can flying the same line, immediately after, with the SC.  The controller-to-drone signal bars just turn red way faster on the SC and the bars drop much faster.

This is a $749 controller.  I like it because of the screen so I don't have to use a phone.  That's the only real reason I prefer it.  It's heavy as heck, much heavier than the standard RC with my phone attached.  But that's a price I was willing to pay to not need a phone.  What I was *not* willing to pay that amount for was a controller that has 50% less range, and *video lag*.

I have submitted a ticket, got a case#, and have sent it off to be examined.  I hope it can be fixed (or better yet, replaced with a new SC2!!) which may be wishful thinking but never hurts to wish...

I'll keep ya'll posted on the outcome.
2021-10-12
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

dr6583 Posted at 10-12 23:49
I have submitted a ticket, got a case#, and have sent it off to be examined.  I hope it can be fixed (or better yet, replaced with a new SC2!!) which may be wishful thinking but never hurts to wish...

I'll keep ya'll posted on the outcome.

I quickly received a new SC.  The email said they replaced the main board but it is obviously a new unit because it has gray handles.  My old one had black handles.  It's shiny new with no charge for the repair.  Thank you DJI for the prompt service...I'm impressed.

I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet but I will tomorrow on my lunch break.  I am anxious to see if the video lag and limited range problems are gone.  My hopes are high as I know several with the A2S have had no issue.  I'll report back tomorrow with flight results.  Thanks again DJI.
2021-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dr6583 Posted at 10-19 21:19
I quickly received a new SC.  The email said they replaced the main board but it is obviously a new unit because it has gray handles.  My old one had black handles.  It's shiny new with no charge for the repair.  Thank you DJI for the prompt service...I'm impressed.

I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet but I will tomorrow on my lunch break.  I am anxious to see if the video lag and limited range problems are gone.  My hopes are high as I know several with the A2S have had no issue.  I'll report back tomorrow with flight results.  Thanks again DJI.

Appreciate your update and positive feedback, we are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, enjoy it and hope you have a good time on flying.
2021-10-19
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

dr6583 Posted at 10-19 21:19
I quickly received a new SC.  The email said they replaced the main board but it is obviously a new unit because it has gray handles.  My old one had black handles.  It's shiny new with no charge for the repair.  Thank you DJI for the prompt service...I'm impressed.

I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet but I will tomorrow on my lunch break.  I am anxious to see if the video lag and limited range problems are gone.  My hopes are high as I know several with the A2S have had no issue.  I'll report back tomorrow with flight results.  Thanks again DJI.

Afraid to say no change with the new SC........red bars at 1800 ft with total connection loss and auto RTH at 2400 ft..

I see these videos of the Air 2 and Air 2S flying several kilometers away.  I want to do that!  What's the trick?  Do I need to climb higher for better signal?  I usually fly no higher than 150 ft or so so I can see what I'm filming..  But I'm in a field and the controller has LOS to the drone.

What am I doing wrong?  PM me if you want...
2021-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules