excessive battery consumption
275 4 2021-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Okram
lvl.2
Italy

hi everyone, someone can explain to me why the mini 2 consumes more than the mini 1.
It is true that the batteries are new and maybe they have not reached the maximum charging efficiency, but flying 10 minutes without recording but only viewing in 4k format, and landing at 50% of residual charge seems to me to consume too much. Battery update performed, and latest drone firmware available.
  Greetings from Italy

2021-9-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

That's about what I get too. You cannot compare two products as you do. A lot of factors comes into play for each product and you need to consider each of them for a fair comparison.
2021-9-18
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The new Lipoly batteries for the mini 2 have a capacity of approximately 1900mAh. After more than 10 flights, you will notice an increase in capacity to 2,100 mAh. Unfortunately, only a few out of 100 will approach the 2200mA limit. I haven't come across a single copy that has the declared 2250mAh. To some extent, the undercharging of the USB charger is responsible for this. Charging stops at approximately 4.38 volts per cell.
2021-9-18
Use props
Okram
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-18 06:27
The new Lipoly batteries for the mini 2 have a capacity of approximately 1900mAh. After more than 10 flights, you will notice an increase in capacity to 2,100 mAh. Unfortunately, only a few out of 100 will approach the 2200mA limit. I haven't come across a single copy that has the declared 2250mAh. To some extent, the undercharging of the USB charger is responsible for this. Charging stops at approximately 4.38 volts per cell.

Thanks for the explanation, I have been from 10 years of ardupilot flights and such a thing has never happened, it is also true as I said before that I did a few flights and therefore the battery needs to reach full efficiency. Well let's see what will happen next if this autonomy improves.
Thanks
2021-9-18
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Personally I noticed that the Mavic mini has more flight time than the Mini 2 even if as Johnny_J says it and not really reasonable to make a comparison because the engine power is not the same and the rest too, but one thing caught my attention the last time during a flight assignment with the Mini 2 as I had exhausted the Mini 2 batteries I took one of the mini 1 batteries from the mini 2 and I got more flight time than with the mini 2 batteries under the same conditions
2021-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules