ADS-B not working correctly?
847 5 2021-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rentaldetectors
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781293 ft

United States

Why did my drone not pickup the aircraft that was flying at 1,900 feet? I checked ADS-B Exchange and it showed the aircraft. I am flying a new Air 2S with a smart controller. Both have been fully updated. It picked up on the presense of a military aircraft flying at 2,000 feet over cloud base. I was flying at 300 feet.
2021-9-19
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Might be possible that the aircraft was only broadcasting Mode-S and ADSB Exchange did a MLAT position.
2021-9-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is also possible that the controller does not think that those aircraft were a credible threat, being too far away.
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rentaldetectors. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. For additional reference the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.
2021-9-20
Use props
Ma-pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40318 ft
Canada

Same here last day , the first flight after enabling ADS-B

Is it possible not all the planes have ADS-B transmitters because actually , I had an helicopter that passed let's say 100 meters higher pretty near from me and I heard no warning ? Do we hear a voice when there is a risk or there is just a notice bar somewhere I didn't see ? I searched quickly for a warning bar and didn't see it.

I bet maybe it's because a lot of amateur planes don't even have ADS-B or they disable it for a reason I don't know. I had a plane and a helicopter that passed pretty near without warnings.

My drone is brand new and I'm sure it's not defect . Maybe I have also to enable GPS on my phone for this precise function and I skipped it in the instructions manual. I thought it was handled by a module in the controler but maybe it's in DJI Fly and I need GPS on my phone enabled. Anyway , I fly so safe in VLOS I don't need this function as much , I was just questionning myself.

2022-5-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Also, it is worth noting that the “sensitivity icon” (that looked like a plane icon) located in the map view was removed in latest updates, regardless if I have Airsense turned on in Advanced Safety Settings.
2022-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules