Charging P3 Pro batteries
1368 12 2015-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulSimisterPho
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys

Looking for some info re. charging my batteries for the P3 Pro. I have 2 questions;

1 - Can I use my Lipro Quad charger to supply the voltage needed via an adapter? It has 4 dedicated ports so could potentially charge 4 batteries, not relying on a parallel board.

2 - Is there an adapter that will allow charging via the 12v supply form my car or a 12v leisure battery?

Thanks guys.

Paul
2015-7-29
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

For #2, you can use an inverter along with the DJI charger to charge batteries in your car. Here are two commonly used inverters:

Good: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MDXS0U/...linkId=B7LCQ5QOEUWIMCYZ
Better: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMYRPM0/...linkId=4EHGM6AOZD4VIQRY

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-29
Use props
ecobcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3609728 ft
Portugal

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-29 18:38
For #2, you can use an inverter along with the DJI charger to charge batteries in your car. Here are ...

Hello.
I have this inverter installed in my car: http://www.lidl-service.com/static/6388825/61667_EN_FI_SV_DA.pdf

but when i try to charge the Phantom 3 battery, it doesn´t work.  First de LED's of the battery starts to blink normally (from 0% do 100%), but then, only one of them remains blinking (the one in the opposite site, the one thet refers do 100% charge).

What's the problem. Is this inverter not strong enough? 300W should be fine...
2015-7-29
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ecobcg, you need to let your batteries cool down before recharging them.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
2015-7-29
Use props
ecobcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3609728 ft
Portugal

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-29 19:57
ecobcg, you need to let your batteries cool down before recharging them.

Ok. But i had stopped the drone for more then 15minutes.. it looked like the battery wasn't hot... but i will let it cool for a bit more and try again... thanks for the help.
2015-7-29
Use props
edavison
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493681 ft
United States

For #2, you can use an inverter along with the DJI charger to charge batteries in your car. Here are ...

I have tried the first inverter you mentioned as well as a Wagan Smart AC 200W inverter and can NOT get either one to charge my Phantom 3 batteries! Both inverters also say that they match the sine wave coming out of a normal household outlet so they should work. I even tried the next day and left them on for an hour or so...NO LUCK! Anyone else have any suggestions? I've found one person on Amazon.com that is selling a car charger for the Phantom 3 setup but it's not endorsed by DJI so I'm not sure I really trust it with my $150 batteries!!!
I REALLY need to be able to charge these batteries while traveling.

Thanks for any help!
2015-7-29
Use props
PaulSimisterPho
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the info. Is 200w enough?
2015-7-30
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PaulSimisterPho, yes, 200W is enough.

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-7-30
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

I believe the problem is not with the inverter so much as running it from the cigarette lighter adapter. If you got an inverter that you connect directly to the car battery with jumper cable type clamps, it should work fine. The internal wiring going to the cigarette lighter is small gauge wire and not capable of transferring enough current to do the job.

2015-7-30
Use props
edavison
lvl.1
United States

Phantom Menace Posted at 2015-7-30 22:06
I believe the problem is not with the inverter so much as running it from the cigarette lighter adap ...

One of the inverters was running directly off of a marine battery.
Any other suggestions?
This is REALLY frustrating!!!
2015-7-30
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, that was all I had.
2015-7-30
Use props
edavison
lvl.1
United States

Phantom Menace Posted at 2015-7-31 02:31
Sorry, that was all I had.

Thanks for trying!
2015-8-1
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get one of the aftermarket "chargers" that plug right into the cig lighter plug.  I can't believe DJI doesn't make one themselves because using an inverter is just stupid.  The charging itself is all done inside the battery, the "chargers" just supply the power.
2015-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules