pixelled and green images /overheating
1218 11 2021-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8PcrkkZVkJLF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13018 ft
Spain

Hi, some days ago I bought my first drone, a Mini2. The rc works perfectly,just like the gimbal and the drone itself. I've done the last firmware update. It seems that everything is working perfectly. Now the real big problem: when I check the videos recorded on the sd, they all came very pixelled, with some "frozen" parts. and with entire portion of videos that result in a green screen. I've tried 6 different sd, recording with different video dimensions, formatting the sd itself, but nothing seems to be working. I've never crashed the drone or something like that. It happens both on videos and images. I've also discovered that the battery works on high temperature levels: after 10 seconds from starting the drone , it reaches 30/40 celsius and it keeps increasing...please help me guys.

2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_8PcrkkZVkJLF
lvl.1
Spain

2021-9-20
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Probably needs to go back to DJI for service!
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_8PcrkkZVkJLF
lvl.1
Spain

videoeditman Posted at 9-20 08:17
Probably needs to go back to DJI for service!

already??? it has less than 4km of flight
2021-9-20
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

I would start by reformatting the SD card in your pc, then put it in the mini and format it there.  

That's how it's supposed to be done according to the SD association.  (can download the formatter there)

As well, make sure your card has a 10 in the circle, and a 3 in the U.  It's about compatibility for HD & speed.

fasdfad.jpg

2021-9-20
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Check the specs on the cards, Amazon sometimes sells fakes also, otherwise I would think you have a recording issue inside said drone.
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_8PcrkkZVkJLF
lvl.1
Spain

hunterws Posted at 9-20 09:00
I would start by reformatting the SD card in your pc, then put it in the mini and format it there.  

That's how it's supposed to be done according to the SD association.  (can download the formatter there)

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb microSD, on that there is only written "3,A2". As a second one i use a sandisk ultra microsd 32GB which says "10,A1"
2021-9-21
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

djiuser_8PcrkkZVkJLF Posted at 9-21 01:12
I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb microSD, on that there is only written "3,A2". As a second one i use a sandisk ultra microsd 32GB which says "10,A1"

You need one with the specs in the photo, as described.
If you have any other ratings, that is your issue.
2021-9-21
Use props
djiuser_8PcrkkZVkJLF
lvl.1
Spain

hunterws Posted at 9-21 11:33
You need one with the specs in the photo, as described.
If you have any other ratings, that is your issue.

maybe I didn't explain myself correctly: I have the same problem on the sd and on the files downloaded directly on the phone from the app. Also, as you know, the Mini2 works with a micro sd, wich has different codes from the pic that has been sent (which is a standard sd).
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The temperature rise is rather normal. Do not be surprised when it exceeds 60 degrees C during the flight. I managed to reach 66th which I am not happy with. Corrupted files on the card are a typical symptom of a write break. The reason is usually too slow writing, and even more often cards from production are discarded. which enterprising Chinese sell as new at a bargain price. I have few. It's rubbish. The files saved on the phone are just a file from the sd card. It is the card that has the original first. Check the speed of writing a large file from pc to sd card. Usually it should be more than 10MBps in the write.
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_8PcrkkZVkJLF
lvl.1
Spain

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-24 01:07
The temperature rise is rather normal. Do not be surprised when it exceeds 60 degrees C during the flight. I managed to reach 66th which I am not happy with. Corrupted files on the card are a typical symptom of a write break. The reason is usually too slow writing, and even more often cards from production are discarded. which enterprising Chinese sell as new at a bargain price. I have few. It's rubbish. The files saved on the phone are just a file from the sd card. It is the card that has the original first. Check the speed of writing a large file from pc to sd card. Usually it should be more than 10MBps in the write.

so..I bought a new sd, original with all the wright specs....this is the result: same problem as before. Does dji tests the products before selling? I'm just curious about it
2021-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules