Dji Mavic Mini terrible vibrations
488 7 2021-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blissmogu
lvl.1

Germany

Hello everyone

I'm having this vibration issue since like 1 month and never happened before.

It's not due to the environment, weather or wind etc. On the day of this footage winds were on medium level and if you look carefully it also makes the same vibrations on a very low altitude where winds are minimal because there are walls everywhere. Hence I used to fly on very windy days and not get this kind of issue before. I bought the drone in 2020 July and did not fly it moderately. Footage is unusuable.

Anybody out there had the same issue and know how to fix this? Any comments appreciated. Please check it on the following link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgEGOjtbzqo
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused you. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? Also, you may try to calibrate the IMU and after that perform the gimbal calibration to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-9-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also check for loose or missing "rubber bands" that serve as mounts for the gimbal.
2021-9-23
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 9-23 19:09
Also check for loose or missing "rubber bands" that serve as mounts for the gimbal.

second this
2021-9-23
Use props
blissmogu
lvl.1

Germany

I have been in contact with Dji support today and they confirmed the vibration issue. It seems they are changing the gimbal completely. I will update whats been done when its finished
2021-9-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got my Mini 1 in 2019 and have used it extensively. Not experienced anything as bad as that. Hope you get satisfaction from DJI repair.
2021-9-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If not too late........before you send it in I would visually check that the damper rubbers are correctly seated, as has been suggested by GaryDoug  and Guorium.
I have also seen one video where the gimbal had somehow become wedged against the drone's bodywork at the rear of the gimbal, unfortunately I do not remember the video but it was probably on youtube. I recollect that once the gimbal was unwedged it worked perfectly.
This,   
looks reasonable for the rear dampers but if the dampers are dsiplaced use tweezers with more rounded ends to manipulate the dampers.
I suspect that, without opening the drone, the front ones would be much more difficult to replace, because of the restricted access. Their attachment point seems to me to be more fragile so great care would be needed. I have only manipulated the front dampers in a drone that has been opened.
2021-9-27
Use props
blissmogu
lvl.1

Germany

Update.. my money is refunded as the repair would take a long time. No customer that has warranty on their product should do any quick fixes usually its a bigger problem
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules