Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Oun3exKkP5TE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89331 ft
Isle of Man

Hi

In normal mode with motion controller
Experiencing very low takeoff height (30 to 40 cm)
And very hard landings to the point where it bounces and can fall over and damage props

I’ve tried

Upgrade firmware
Calibrate compass
Calibrate IMU
Clean landing sensors
Change props

No joy, any ideas? I’d regard the landings as quite dangerous now (not using RTH btw)

About 6 months old, used to work perfectly.
No refresh plan.

Thanks in advance

2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-23
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Are you able to replicate the issue when using the standard controller??
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_Oun3exKkP5TE
lvl.1
Isle of Man

fansf0572733 Posted at 9-24 07:28
Are you able to replicate the issue when using the standard controller??

Good question thanks, I will try the normal RC
2021-9-24
Use props
ClassicShooter
lvl.2

United States

Have you tried to calibrate the sensors?
2021-9-28
Use props
djiuser_Oun3exKkP5TE
lvl.1
Isle of Man

ClassicShooter Posted at 9-28 21:49
Have you tried to calibrate the sensors?

Hi, yes I did it in dji assistant 2 but was surprised when they aircraft flew afterward I had to recalibrate it before take off. Seemed like I was undoing what the assistant did.
2021-9-28
Use props
ClassicShooter
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_Oun3exKkP5TE Posted at 9-28 22:10
Hi, yes I did it in dji assistant 2 but was surprised when they aircraft flew afterward I had to recalibrate it before take off. Seemed like I was undoing what the assistant did.

Yeah, I've had some issues with calibrating myself, but I figured it might be worth a go. I did not see if you had replied to an earlier question from another member, have you tried the regular controller, not just the motion controller?
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_Oun3exKkP5TE
lvl.1
Isle of Man

ClassicShooter Posted at 9-29 04:59
Yeah, I've had some issues with calibrating myself, but I figured it might be worth a go. I did not see if you had replied to an earlier question from another member, have you tried the regular controller, not just the motion controller?

Thanks, I ended up buying another quad as needed for shoot and the original motion controller works great with it as well as remote (tested today). Can only assume it’s the landing sensor unit on the old one. Seems like hardware, will likely box it up and send it off. Thanks again.
2021-9-29
Use props
Fly_By_Shooter
lvl.1
United States

When mine recently lost its "visual Systems", it landed hard and also flipped because it didn't know it was on the ground.
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_7K6M1VU87vYm
New

United States

I am experiencing the same problem what was the problem?
2021-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules