Mini 2 Controller Problem
2666 18 2021-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FltMed
lvl.1
United States

Just got the Mini 2 Fly More Combo. The controller will charge and is fully charged. However, it will not power on unless it is plugged in. Pressing the button in the proper order while it is not plugged in results in no lights coming on whatsoever. In order to get it to power on, the buttons must be pressed as soon as I plug the controller into the power cable. Was able to connect to my phone and the drone and update the firmware. I didn't try to fly the drone due to it being nighttime.

As soon as I unplug the power cable from the controller, despite it being fully charged, immediately the controller loses power. I then have to plug it back in to keep the controller powered on.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FltMed. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can give out the best resolution for this issue? Thank you.
2021-9-23
Use props
FltMed
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Stephen for the reply. I will try to upload a short video later today after work. Appreciate the fast response.
2021-9-24
Use props
FltMed
lvl.1
United States

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgQonTcioSW0yWM33zcwEf5XDMMi

or

https://youtu.be/px4T4xPetk8
(link is private)

Mini 2 controller Issues
Let me know if these links work or not.

Thanks!
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, FltMed. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please apply for an online repair request and send it back? We would like to further verify the issue. Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-26
Use props
FltMed
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Wanda! Per your guidance, I have used the link you provided to start the process of resolving the issue.

I have been able to make a few flights, but it required the controller to be plugged into the charger with a battery in it. The Mini2 is a dream to fly. It will be even better not having to have the controller attached to a battery bank.

I will say that I am impressed with the prompt replies provided by both Stephen and Wanda!
2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FltMed Posted at 9-26 19:52
Thank you Wanda! Per your guidance, I have used the link you provided to start the process of resolving the issue.

I have been able to make a few flights, but it required the controller to be plugged into the charger with a battery in it. The Mini2 is a dream to fly. It will be even better not having to have the controller attached to a battery bank.

You're most welcome. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi I just got my Mini 2, and i faced exactly the same problem.
How did you solved??? Online repair request and send back the controller!?? Any action that might be useful from my side’??? Thank in advance.. i really hope to solve this issue quickly.
Ps: i just open the box, and was trying to start controller and drone, no flights yet, no damages, i faced this issue just after to open my package..
2021-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp Posted at 12-27 19:13
How did you solved??? Online repair request and send back the controller!?? Any action that might be useful from my side’??? Thank in advance.. i really hope to solve this issue quickly.
Ps: i just open the box, and was trying to start controller and drone, no flights yet, no damages, i faced this issue just after to open my package..

Hi there, just to double confirm, your controller will not be able to power on without having it plugged to the charger, right?
Could you please provide a video of your case to us for double confirmation?
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi Susan, exactly! Controller do not turn on, without connection with a power source. I saw the video related to the previous complaint above, and i found exactly the same issue. I will prepare a video and share here.
2021-12-28
Use props
djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi Susan, please check required video with my actual controller issue. I hope that we could find a way to fix this. Thanks for the fast feedback.
AF06C61B-F3CC-4A68-8B09-8C5EBF283AD5.gif
2021-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp Posted at 12-28 05:20
Hi Susan, please check required video with my actual controller issue. I hope that we could find a way to fix this. Thanks for the fast feedback.

Hi there, it seems that there is no video uploaded. If it is the exact same issue, you may need to send the unit back. If you got it brand new, you may try to contact the retailer to see if they can help you directly with the replacement. Or your can contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case, we will help you as soon as possible.
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi Susan and All Others,
Please check the links below with my videos. (MP4/ GIF)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e66kaq19r0w73qy/IMG_4474.GIF?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt4umk1fzicdsqd/VIDEO-2021-12-28-07-00-11.MP4?dl=0

Considering not a unique remote control problem, important to share within DJI and other users.

2021-12-29
Use props
FltMed
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp Posted at 12-27 19:13
How did you solved??? Online repair request and send back the controller!?? Any action that might be useful from my side’??? Thank in advance.. i really hope to solve this issue quickly.

Hi, Susan will help you out. I went thru DJI customer support and it was excellent. Good luck getting the problem solved.
2021-12-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_CDOHuApqBvsp Posted at 12-29 03:29
Hi Susan and All Others,
Please check the links below with my videos. (MP4/ GIF)

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please contact our support through email?
Please remember to attach the video link in the email.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_uGdhdQVgJ9nC
New

Norway

I am having the exact same problem. The respons on e-mail is extremely slow. One answer a day. This is too slow! I need answers and what to do fast!
2022-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_uGdhdQVgJ9nC Posted at 3-16 23:39
I am having the exact same problem. The respons on e-mail is extremely slow. One answer a day. This is too slow! I need answers and what to do fast!

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We managed to find out your ticket number. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. And we notice that our team is following up on your case, please send the device back for further assistance.
2022-3-17
Use props
djiuser_o5X1KDZIAUfl
New
Canada

I was chatting with Matt this morning about my new controller not powering on.  I submitted a ticket about it through chat.  
I just read this post and decided to try powering it on right when it is first plugged in and the LED's are on, just like above.  That worked.  As soon as it is unplugged, though, it powers down just like above.  
So I also have this same issue.
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_o5X1KDZIAUfl Posted at 9-1 12:55
I was chatting with Matt this morning about my new controller not powering on.  I submitted a ticket about it through chat.  
I just read this post and decided to try powering it on right when it is first plugged in and the LED's are on, just like above.  That worked.  As soon as it is unplugged, though, it powers down just like above.  
So I also have this same issue.

We are sorry to hear that. Hearing that you have started a ticket with the help of our chat support, we believe they will help create a case for you to send the remote controller back also. If you have any questions during the period. please feel free to talk.
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules