Re: Lock icon on OM5 gimbal’s tilt motor
4262 7 2021-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kelvinhoho
lvl.1

Hong Kong

When folding up the gimbal, the last step should be rotating the pan axis until the lock icon align with the dot, may I check with you all if the pan axis will then be physically locked?  Why I am asking about this is that I found it is the case in the demo OM5 sitting in the shop (even with a very crispy "click" sound upon locking up) but not the case for my OM5.  I called DJI support and the client servicer keep saying that there is no actual locking mechanism and the lock icon is just for aligning purpose.  He did not believe in me that the demo OM5 I saw in the shop can actually lock the pan axis.   

2021-9-25
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Mine does not lock.  No click
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Kelvinhoho, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, there is no locker on the OM 5, it may defer to the version you saw on the retail store's. The version that the retail store has is for a better display.
For normal use, you can store the gimbal after the lock icon is aligned with the white dot on DJI OM 5, and this denotes that the gimbal is in the best storage attitude. Thank you for your attention.
2021-9-26
Use props
Kelvinhoho
lvl.1

Hong Kong

scubaAnn Posted at 9-25 09:52
Mine does not lock.  No click

Thanks for letting me know.
2021-9-26
Use props
Kelvinhoho
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 9-26 03:45
Hi Kelvinhoho, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, there is no locker on the OM 5, it may defer to the version you saw on the retail store's. The version that the retail store has is for a better display.
For normal use, you can store the gimbal after the lock icon is aligned with the white dot on DJI OM 5, and this denotes that the gimbal is in the best storage attitude. Thank you for your attention.

Will it be fixed in the future production batch or it is by design not having the locker mechanism.  Please understand it is not always the case that we will put the gimbal in the pouch while not in use.  Holding it in folding mode and the gimbal arm going here and there makes me look stupid.  Please fix it anyway.
2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kelvinhoho Posted at 9-26 05:33
Will it be fixed in the future production batch or it is by design not having the locker mechanism.  Please understand it is not always the case that we will put the gimbal in the pouch while not in use.  Holding it in folding mode and the gimbal arm going here and there makes me look stupid.  Please fix it anyway.

Hi, it will not be added in future production batches. You can put the gimbal in the storage pouch when you are not using it. Hope for your kind understanding.
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_76CQWfyBMKAa
New

United Kingdom

I’m confused. If it doesn’t lock then what is the point of the 2 dots ???
2022-3-4
Use props
djiuser_nxe8DzmRtNtL
New

France

Can you explain why there is thé lock mode in thé notice ????
2022-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules