Feature Req: Stream final video to rtmp[s] or NewTek NDI or similar
936 4 2021-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swooby
lvl.1
United States

Over the weekend I bought and received an OM4 to use as a basic generic dumb gimbal, and I am amazed at the possibilities and what it can do.

The software is pretty amazing, but it is a little bit of a walled garden.

It would be fantastic if the software had an option to send its final output to rtmps or, even better in my mind, some sort of NewTek NDI, v4l2, or similar tech.
Yes, someone could always directly capture from their phone's screen using something like scrcpy, but that would be the raw footage with menus and grid overlayed.
It would be nice to be able to send the final output minus the menus/grids/etc.

Then features like the head tracking and all sorts of other awesome features could be used live and shown off cleanly in OBS or other stream recording software.

Is this something DJI could do, or would this be up to some other, perhaps rooted, software to capture/pipe the raw output to the desired output.

Swooby!
2021-9-27
Use props
swooby
lvl.1
United States

OK, I see that the Osmo Action supports Live Stream; so why not support it on all devices?
2021-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there swooby. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. For the latest DJI OM 4 update kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2021-9-27
Use props
greg.k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2633698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 18:33
Hello there swooby. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. For the latest DJI OM 4 update kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Stephen.

Just so you know, I asked for this right when the original osmo pocket was released, and I was also told it would be forwarded - Still patiently waiting....
2021-10-8
Use props
swooby
lvl.1
United States

greg.k Posted at 10-8 17:00
Just so you know, I asked for this right when the original osmo pocket was released, and I was also told it would be forwarded - Still patiently waiting....

I'm a software developer; I understand; I won't hold my breath.
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules