Where did they send my P3P to?
1515 19 2015-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
masakazu262004
lvl.1

United States

I sent my Phantom 3 professional on June 1st, they received next day, (as per UPS tracking).
They checked in June 16th, it takes 2 weeks to just open my box........ wow....... is this 18th Century???
I called them couple times to find out when I can get it back, all I gotta was "wait 5 to 6 weeks, don't call here, we are not doing repair, so we have to wait until repair team will send you an E-mail".

So, I did wait for 6 weeks of very long frustrated time. It has been more than 8 weeks since they received my P3P at Los Angeles service center, and also more than 6 weeks since they checked in.

I called many times, most of times, they send me to answering machine, " extremely high volume call, call us back" and hang up.

Yesterday, finally i was able to talk to a customer rep, I asked ETA of my drone back, he has no idea.
All he does was telling me same BS! "Wait more!"
WTF!!!!! I asked them to my drone backe to me now or money  back now, and he says he can't.....
Basically, they don't care us, they all want to do is selling a drone, not giving us a repair.

I also need to mention, they said our phone conversation was recorded to improve customer service, but as soon as I told him" I am also recording this conversation, your answer, your customer service is not customer service." then, as you may be able to guess, yap, he hang up on me.

Please give me back  my P3P!!!! or Money Back please!!!!
I use only 10days, only 3 times flight........ then you can't repair within your promissed time, it is product default!!!!!!

I want to money back or just simply give me a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% sure that you guys don't need 8 weeks to make one of it.

by the way, my RMA # is 52915229-143736

Thank you, for making me so upset!!

2015-7-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry for you experience.  Our turn around time is 6 - 8 weeks.  It is not acceptable and we are trying to improve it.  
2015-7-29
Use props
rey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801827 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-30 11:51
I am sorry for you experience.  Our turn around time is 6 - 8 weeks.  It is not acceptable and we ar ...

My P3P was also received by DJI in Torrance on the 9th of July and it took almost 2 weeks before I received an email from them stating that my case is already in their database. and they added that from that day, I will have to wait for 5-6 weeks and if I don't hear from them after 6 weeks to call them... is the P3P has to be ship to China for repair?
2015-7-29
Use props
masakazu262004
lvl.1

United States

rey@globalseafo Posted at 2015-7-30 13:32
My P3P was also received by DJI in Torrance on the 9th of July and it took almost 2 weeks before I ...

It seems like they are sending our precious P3P to another world..... like......."Interstellar".  You see? They start saying we have to wait 6 to 8 weeks...... I am pretty sure they will start saying 8 to 10 weeks waiting time..... after my waiting time reaches 10 weeks......

They don't want to return our P3P.....
2015-7-30
Use props
masakazu262004
lvl.1

United States

I am sorry for you experience.  Our turn around time is 6 - 8 weeks.  It is not acceptable and we ar ...

I was told 5 to 6 weeks, now you are start saying 6 to 8 weeks???
I hope you won't start saying 8 to 10 weeks next time.......
2015-7-30
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
United States

Thanks, for your acknowledgement, Ed.   But you folks at DJI really need to set proper expectations.   I too was told 5 - 6 weeks, about a month ago and if that has changed, then fine - but you need to proactively communicate that to your customer-base.  A web posting, email to RMA holders, etc., for the purpose of resetting proper expectations is certainly in order.
2015-7-30
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

We see no evidence that you are trying to improve it. At least send us an email telling us that we are out of luck... or to screw off... or something. If feels like you've stolen our merchandise.
2015-7-30
Use props
directoranddron
New

Canada

It's funny because you know the owner of dji is so happy he has finally been catapulted into serious wealth....... Lol I wonder if he realizes he can be sued via class action for blatant lies and misrepresentation........ Then we will see who's laughing. All it takes is one lawyer looking through these pages to see how many customers get screwed by dji.
2015-7-30
Use props
directoranddron
New

Canada

And I'm sorry but the second you wanna one and sell your stuff from china in North America you have to play by our rules..... That is if you want our precious currency. If you wanna treat us like you do and play the games they play in china , well then sell them at a Chinese crap price. But you don't. You wanted to make a solid product (that's what you represent) and ask a solid price..... Where you target other countries. And I'm very sorry but Tahoe Ed or anyone else chirping up and giving the same robot response the useless email response people give is not ok. !!!!!!!!
2015-7-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

directoranddron Posted at 2015-7-31 15:04
And I'm sorry but the second you wanna one and sell your stuff from china in North America you have  ...

What would like me to say.  We have opened a new center in LA that is 8+ times bigger than our last center.  We have hired multiple more employees.  It will not improve overnight.  Remember our US facility just opened a year and a half ago.  We have gone from 5000 feet to over 100,000 feet.  I don't know any other company that has gone through such growth.  We are doing the best we can.  I know that for many it will not be enough.  
2015-7-31
Use props
masakazu262004
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-1 04:35
What would like me to say.  We have opened a new center in LA that is 8+ times bigger than our las ...

You guys still can not tell when I can get back my P3P?

I don't care what you guys expanding or not, I all care my drone back!
Without a telling me a exact date, all you say is nothing to me.
I was originally told 5 to 6 weeks, not 6 to 8 weeks, give me back my drone now. or money back.

2015-8-1
Use props
afponiky
lvl.2

United States

Wow, you guys just don't get it.

I really wonder if you are hearing Ed at all.

I really think that you need to take up another hobbie....

You must have crashed it to send it in and now you think that it should be fixed and/or replaced in 3 days....   

I see so many that are just building up anger and venting.  Who is at fault?  Who crashed it?

Did you read the manual?  Did you fly it out in an open area and learn it?

Do you have the proper tablet?

WOW,,,,,,,,

2015-8-1
Use props
masakazu262004
lvl.1

United States

afponiky Posted at 2015-8-1 20:54

I am customer!  And we are talking about Customer service experience!.   Do you bring your car to mechanic in case of break down? or accident?
If the shop told you it gonna be 5 to 6 weeks to repair, you would expect it will be done in 6 weeks, don't you?
Think about it before you kiss DJI's ass.
2015-8-2
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

masakazu262004 Posted at 2015-8-3 06:44
I am customer!  And we are talking about Customer service experience!.   Do you bring your car to  ...

I know and understand the frustration of not being able to have one of the most precious items that you own on you to enjoy.  I have been there many times in this hobby.  Its NOT just a DJI thing.  

Its growing pains.  Every company has it, its a lot more exaggerated in DJI's instance due to an amazing product.  If it wasn't as great of a product they wouldn't have this situation of playing catch up on the customer service side.  It takes time for them to secure funds to invest in new locations, time for infrastructure to be placed or upgraded, time for policy to be implemented, time for people to get trained.

Then DJI has to walk a fine line with their product, as flight is inherently risky and a good portion of people wanting free fixes are due to pilot error.  I run a shop and a large majority of customers coming backing expecting a new one cause they crashed it within the first week, 12 days is stunning.  Fact, in the last month I have sold 78 Phantom's, ONE has had an issue out the box and even that was questionable.  So they have to try and sort through the people who truly need help from a defective product vs the person who is freaking out they just blew 1k from a stupid mistake.  

DJI will in the end catch up and get the service in line with what people come to expect, it just dosent happen over night.  Yes, there will be a certain amount of customers who fall through the cracks, and hopefully they realize it and take care of those people.

2015-8-2
Use props
ashbyracing
lvl.2

United States

What would like me to say.  We have opened a new center in LA that is 8+ times bigger than our las ...

It's called greed.  Companies typically outsell their customer service capacities to profit more and then alienate a portion of their cliental.  An ideal business model would throttle back and allow the customer service time to grow with the company and in time form a strong customer relationship with all cliental.
2015-8-4
Use props
rey
lvl.1
United States

afponiky Posted at 2015-8-1 20:54

Your statement is irrelevant. do you work for DJI?
2015-8-8
Use props
rey
lvl.1
United States

HI Tahoe_Ed, when I get my P3P back, would it already be FW upgraded? or still be on the existing FW when I sent it for repair? another question, do I have to pair the unit with my RC when it comes in? Can I FW upgrade my RC now while waiting for the P3p to arrive? your input will be much appreciated. ty.
2015-8-8
Use props
productofusa
lvl.2

United States

my unit was checked into queue on June 17, so it seems the 6/8 week turn is no longer valid.
2015-8-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rey@globalseafo Posted at 2015-8-9 13:59
HI Tahoe_Ed, when I get my P3P back, would it already be FW upgraded? or still be on the existing  ...

I don't know.  Since neither will you, I would assume that it is not and proceed with an upgrade for both your P3P and your Tx.  If it is current no harm.  If not then you will be on the current firmware.
2015-8-9
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

This is why I'm dreading having to send my P3A in for repair.  FW 1.3.2 bricked my RC and all I get out of the GO app is "disconnected", although I can fly without FPV.  If I knew the next FW update was around the corner I would wait and see if it will install and solve the problem.
2015-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules