No Connection to PC
5947 4 2021-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans89827afb
lvl.1

Australia

I am in trouble as I lost connection to internet while the Mavic Mini (MM) was updating firmware. I believe it updtaed the controller and hence there is a diferent firmware version on the two devices.

If I try to update the MM using the controller and Iphone it can"t do so becuase it can't connect to the MM.

Looking at Google it tells me to use DJI Assistant on my PC.  However this results in the following issue. I cannot connect my MM to my PC  as the DJI Assistant can't see MM. I have used multiple cables including the original cable that came with the drone. I have uninstalled the software and removed the driver and reinstalled it all but it is still not connecting. It is also not appearing in device manager. I have tried on a different machine and had the same outcome.

Is there a reset button or some way to solve this. I am using Windows 10.

2021-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are getting any error message once updating the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini? In addition I will post a DJI tutorial video on Mavic Mini | How To Update The Firmware. Thank you.

2021-10-5
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Try the following steps:
- Make sure the Mavic Mini battery is at least 50% charged
- Remove the battery, wait 30s, then reinstall it
- Take the supplied USB cable and plug it firmly into the back of the aircraft but keep it disconnected from your PC
- Launch DJI Assistant and it will display a round graphic with a laptop computer on the left and a USB connector on the right
- Power on your Mavic Mini, wait for the usual startup sound, then plug the USB cable (with the Mavic Mini connected to it) into your PC
- If everything works as it should, you will hear the typical "USB device detected" sound from Windows, and the Mavic Mini will appear in DJI Assistant
- Click on the Mavic Mini icon in DJI Assistant and upgrade (or refresh) the firmware
Follow the same steps to upgrade (or refresh) the firmware of the remote controller.

2021-10-5
Use props
fans89827afb
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you for your response.

I read all information and watched the videos.
I was not able to still get the Assistant 2 to talk to the MM.

After a few hours I decided to see if I had by any chance down loaded the DJI Fly app on my other apple phone at Christmas when I was given the MM.

I found I did do this and so decided to use this phone to see if it worked.

It did so the MM is flying again.

From here I removed the DJI Fly app from the phone I had been using for a number of months which was now not working and then I down loaded the app from the apple store and installed.

It loads and starts but it won’t connect to the MM.

Would love to have it working on the Iphone I was previously using but perhaps the new software doesn’t support the Iphone SE anymore. Am I right? Equally do I have to set the frequency of the Iphone someway to allow it to communicate with the MM.

All of this simply to help.

Cheers…John Edwards
2021-10-5
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Glad to hear you got it working one way or another, although you should figure out why DJI Assistant doesn't see your Mini.
I use a (second generation) iPhone SE with my Mini and I have no problems with it.
There is no frequency to set on the phone itself, as it communicates to the remote controller via cable.
2021-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules