CRIT battery landing and flight log questions.
391 2 2021-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_73LhwkIEoVPw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9614318 ft
United States

2 questions for DJI flyers.

I was flying my air2s behind my house and it hit critical battery and started doing the critical battery descent.
I was guiding it to the two track and I knew where it was, but as I was guiding it to the two track through the descent, I lost the signal from the remote control.

I know where it was in my backyard plus it gave me the last known GPS coordinates of course.
The video is on my phone because I was recording and I've put my other drone up in the air and created the exact same image so I can even see where in the air my air2s drone was to the connection. Again, because I matched the exact same camera view with the last transmitted signal sent from the air 2s.

I've confirmed the GPS coordinates and I've used Google maps to enter them and they all match with the last transmitted image.

My question is, since it was already engaged in a critical battery descent I.e a forced landing, would it disconnection from the remote control override the landing and cause it to ascend?
I especially assume not, because if it had gone back up into the air I would have regained remote control signal.
Nevertheless, this is what the DJI support representative told me when I opened up a chat window with them to ask these questions.
I double checked to make sure they understood that it had already engaged and automatic landing when I lost signal and they still insisted it would attempt to return to home.

I've spent a collective 8 hours (no joke) scouring the land and the trees where the GPS coordinates and image guide me.

So I'm wondering if there's any kind of weirdo action the air 2s would take if disconnected from controller while making a forced landing.

Second question.
When I open the fly app and go to profile and flight logs, says to connect to the aircraft to access the aircraft logs.
Yet, earlier today I was watching the replay of the flight watching where the aircraft moved on the map and what the altitude was.
After closing the app and reopening it it seems there's no flight data there and I don't understand how it would say that I need to reconnect to the aircraft when the reason I'm looking at that data is to try to find the aircraft.

Anyone have a tip or trick to access that map view that shows the drone flying and it's path and allows you to watch it play back in real time?

Thanks very much. I will admit it's been nice to just walk slowly back and forth in the woods and sniff all of the nice smells of autumn in the upper peninsula.
2021-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2021-10-8
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Hope you find it. That really sucks.
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules