Image flip
3259 3 2021-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

Can't belive I'm the 1st to ask this but a search resulted in nohing. I have screen rotation set to auto, I thought this would not only rotate the lcd screen  but the picture in the sensor too. I carried the camera upside down while recording and to my amaze when I looked at the video on my laptop it was updside down, was able to rotate it in post. Most cameras have the option to filp image which it apppears the Osmo Action doesn't.

2021-10-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sometimes we want to record upside down lol

If you start recording upside down, I think it will get flipped. Because I had some trouble while making a barrel-roll as intro and had to start right side up then turn camera over and back again.
2021-10-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If and when I get a chance I'll check that out, thanks for  noticing it;

if I set  the Orientation first, turn upside down, then hit record, that clip best be correctly situated.  If your player or editor is not correctly reading, some do not adjust the  video and that can be part of the issue.  so I shall have to check this out.

With today's technology I hope the Action 2 Horizon level does a 360 not a 30 degree like (COUGH, cough) gopro.  again I will look at mine  in the days to come.
2021-10-9
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

@Fishycomics I tested and yes if you start the recording with the camera rotated 180 degrees it will record the image correctly. You can not flip it 180 degrees while recording, if you do only the menu part of the screen flips. I should dig out my Hero 6 and see if it behaves the same way. I know my Gopro Max will flip the screen and image both.
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules